[Replies: 68]  [Views: 24676]
Users browsing this topic: 4 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise
Users watching this topic: 2  
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#41  Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
The large figures are about 5 inches tall, though the helmets artificially add another inch to their height. The keychains are about 1.5 inches, while the unpictured larger ones were about 2.5 or 3 inches. The middle-sized figures were probably the most sturdy, as from the last time I saw them they had no wear or tear, not even a loosening of their face stickers. The keychains are made of good hard plastic, but of course, the bobble and feet are separate pieces and connected very crudely. The largest ones are nice to look at, but they feel kind of wonky, like they're made of cheap plastic or they're hollow or... something. Plus their firing mechanisms are incredibly stiff - probably how I lost Shiro's marble in the first place!
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#42  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
I like how all of them except for Shiro (who looks cooly in the distances beyond) are looking downwards at the keychains, as if to say "Now, behave children..."
Kuro even appears to be looking at a specific one and saying "...what do you think you're doing between my legs, uh?"
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#43  Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Rotfl, they do don't they? I didn't notice that, but looking back they really do. Especially Kuro, which made me laugh.

I just can't get over those figurines for some reason. It's something about having a tangible thing.... Ahh, I wish I could make something like those. Unfortunately plastic is too difficult to work with right now.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#44  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Rotfl, they do don't they? I didn't notice that, but looking back they really do. Especially Kuro, which made me laugh.

I just can't get over those figurines for some reason. It's something about having a tangible thing.... Ahh, I wish I could make something like those. Unfortunately plastic is too difficult to work with right now.

You could always go with some manner of modeling clay or sculpey. A gaming friend of mine in KY uses that stuff to make and sell Nintendo characters and random other stuff. She does not make a lot off them, but she has made lots of different stuff. I think she got out of it when she was not recouping her investment, but it could be something fun for you to try. I have only made horns out of sculpey so far, wrapped around tinfoil for stability, then baked and painted.

What you could do, is make some basic shapes in tinfoil, a basic bomber. Then add a layer of sculpey, bake it, and then paint it however you like. Colored clay could work instead of painting if you didn't want that trouble. Just an idea.
Board Admin

Post#45  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hmm.... Sculpey would probably work good.... Well, there's no time for that right now, but I'll keep it in mind.
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#46  Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:51 am  Reply with quote + 

I got the unpictured figures out of storage. The gold keychain has definitely seen better days; the sticker is scratched, the paint is chipped and the little hook for the chain has slipped out of its socket, meaning that the chain could slip off if it wanted to.
The larger ones still seem remarkably pristine, though considering they've no paint to actually chip, I guess that's no surprise. They look lighter in the photo than they do in-person, thanks to the light and all that. You can see the seams inside when you see it yourself, but the light seems to have obscured that. It's a cool little feature.

On the right is a bootleg marble shooter I picked up a year ago. It came with two marbles and a full set of armour; helmet, chest piece, shoulder pads and boots, but ugh, they were so, so cumbersome to actually put on. The chest was two pieces that needed to clip together over the shoulder, but thanks to sloppy manufacturing the pieces weren't actually shaped the same way, so you'd need to bend the weak plastic to make them clip. And due to connecting in that manner, the shoulder pads would be difficult to slip on, and the feet merely slided into the boots without any way to secure them. This built up to a figure that, if you looked at it the wrong way, would have its armour fall to pieces. Frustrating. Those pieces are in storage somewhere but I can't imagine I'd want it out again; for all the trouble I went through, it didn't even look good.
It did have a face sticker at one point, but the adhesive was hardly strong; you can also see yellowed adhesive on the helmet were there were one stripes, but the part on the front is the only sticker that's survived. I did have plans to make use of the head and limbs to kitbash a poseable Bomberman figure, paint on details and a face and so on, but it'd help if I were actually qualified to do anything rash like that!
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#47  Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
I would draw a funny face on the one where the sticker peeled off. D: Clearly they just wanted you to have more fun with it. :P
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#48  Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Trapped in their plastic tombs, they merely found a means of escaping expectations.

Slide off my face. :)

It's remarkable really, as my thoughts in kind have not yet resulted in the same outcome.
Bomberman

Post#49  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Your so lucky.....
All I got is Bomberman 64..... :cry: 
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#50  Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Mighty wrote:
Your so lucky.....
All I got is Bomberman 64..... :cry: 

Would it make you cry more or make you feel better to know that I rarely play my mass of bomberman games? :sad:  I have so many things keeping me occupied besides illness that I rarely play any videogames except when I gather friends together. Trying to do that this or next weekend. Cousin is on leave from his Iraq tour for a couple weeks, so going to try a BBQ thing and play the SNES-SFC titles again. This time, maybe 5 players. PS2 emulation, but still enjoyable times.
Bomberbie

Post#51  Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nice, One of the B-Daman promos (pasificaly the Victory version) showed Red Bomber posing like Baby Peach in Mario Kart Wii.

Where did you get the Bomberman Plushis?
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#52  Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:46 am  Reply with quote + 
My wife got them off eBay from a vendor in Hong Kong several years ago now. There are some decent Japanese auction sites if you really want the good Bomberman collectables, though you either will have to translate and hope they accept your money, or go through one of those proxy bidding services. They will take a lump of cash and do all the work for you, shipping it back stateside, etc. Costs a bit and you have to recharge your account to get more stuff, and I am sure it's not that cheap to do, but it's a potential venue for you to find cool stuff. If I had more cash I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Bomberstar

Post#53  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:15 am  Reply with quote + 
The Japanese conversion rates are also pretty bad right now Versus the US dollar. At least opposed to a few years ago. I still look into import figures here and there though I rarely actually buy any these days and something that would've been 100 bucks or so is now pushing over 150$ sometimes depending.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#54  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
So, I've finally gotten around to taking a picture of my own Bomberman collection.

Pictured:

[Collapse Text]
N64:
* Bomberman 64 (US)
* Bomberman Hero (US)
* Bomberman 64: The Second Attack! (US)

SNES/SFC:
* Super Bomberman 1 (US; no box)
* Super Bomberman 2 (US)
* Super Bomberman 3 (JP)
* Super Bomberman 4 (JP)
* Super Bomberman 5 (JP)

GB/GBC:
* Bomberman Quest (European)
* Bomberman GB (US; Bomberman GB 2 in Japan, no box)
* Pocket Bomberman (US, cartridge only)
* Bomberman GB (JP)
* Bomberman MAX: Blue Champion (US; this is only the box - details below)

GameCube:
* Bomberman Jetters (US)

PSX:
* Bomberman World (US)
* Bomberman Party Edition (US)

Other:
* Super Bomberman Hudson Official Guidebook (JP)
* Golem Bomber Gashapon (JP; details below)

About the Bomberman MAX game: I had originally obtained a new copy when it was still in stores. My brother and I later sold our GBCs, so I gave both the cartridge and the manual to my brother's brother so he could play it. So basically, this is just a box with some of the generic paperwork that came with a GBC title, heh.

About the Golem Bomber Gashapon: This little figurine was part of a collection that could be obtained in Gashapon (capsule toy) machines in Japan. I don't really know anything about it, but based on some of the other character figurines that I've seen for sale on eBay, if they were willing to make a Wolf Bomber figurine, then they probably had one for just about any character in the franchise. Anyway, this one is about 4.5 cm tall, and is of a translucent green color. Strangely, he has no antenna pom on the back of his head.

The seller from who I bought this was also selling a lot of other characters. At the time of this writing, it appears that only two are left. One is either Rasta Bomber or Mexican Bomber (it's impossible to tell from the photo), from Super Panic Bomber W/SB3, and the other is Bomber Bomjin from Saturn Bomberman.

EDIT: I did a little digging and found that this figurine is a Keshi Gum figure - like a rubber figure that you might get out of a capsule machine. Apparently people would collect and sometimes paint them. Here's a collection of the World Bombers, Louie, and Bagura from SB3, complete with a box, for sale in Japan.

And here is Plasma Bomber. Holy shit. If only that guy would ship overseas, I would totally buy that.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#55  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Very nice, plasm. :) Nice range of items in there. I would buy so much from Yahoo Auctions...probably better I have no means to have it shipped here. I had a guy over there willing to help me tracks down stuff through them and ship to me, but not entirely sure how much markup for effort we were talking. I never got around to following through with his offer to help me buy more. I had bought a few things off eBay from him. Nice guy. Well, I have a former college buddy over there. I'm sure she would help me but shipping would get expensive no matter how I did it. :(

One of two of the collection photos of mine was used again by Morgan, this time for a status update on the Facebook Bomberman page. That was amusing because some people are all like "OMG, where's Saturn Bomberman?!" and I'm like "HELLO....Japanese versions..." etc. Of course I am missing titles. I hardly ever buy them, I am cheap as hell on most things I buy online, and overall prices have gotten insane. Thus I have little overall compared to what I might otherwise have. ;)
Board Admin

Post#56  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah yeah, Saturn Bomberman. I never owned a Saturn, so I never picked it up. There was a really nice-looking U.S. copy in a Vintage Stock store for about a year or so, priced at about 60 USD. I thought about picking it up just for my collection every time I went in there, but it disappeared recently. Surely no one in this area would have bought it...? Oh well.

I'd like to know someone in Japan through who I could purchase Bomberman merchandise. Would be pretty swell. Although I hardly ever make any extraneous purchases, so...
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#57  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:39 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
About the Golem Bomber Gashapon: This little figurine was part of a collection that could be obtained in Gashapon (capsule toy) machines in Japan. I don't really know anything about it, but based on some of the other character figurines that I've seen for sale on eBay, if they were willing to make a Wolf Bomber figurine, then they probably had one for just about any character in the franchise.

Need to get me a Terrorin.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#58  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:45 am  Reply with quote + 
plasm wrote:
Ah yeah, Saturn Bomberman. I never owned a Saturn, so I never picked it up. There was a really nice-looking U.S. copy in a Vintage Stock store for about a year or so, priced at about 60 USD. I thought about picking it up just for my collection every time I went in there, but it disappeared recently. Surely no one in this area would have bought it...? Oh well.

I'd like to know someone in Japan through who I could purchase Bomberman merchandise. Would be pretty swell. Although I hardly ever make any extraneous purchases, so...

I have had around 3 Sega Saturns, keeping one and giving the ones I found cheap at thriftshops to others. I only ever saw the game once for sale at a flea market for $15-20 and I was broke. Came back with money the next week and that game dude had stopped setting up at that flea market after months there. Sad day for sure. I never much went to stores looking at videogames around the Saturn phase, only catching clearance items way after they were gone from normal shelves. The one I was more broken up over was n64 Bomberman 64: Second Attack. I only ever saw the game for sale new once when I was out of town, and it was $50 still. I should have bought it then. I have a cart with manual copy, but no box. Boo.

I know the feeling on purchases. I have not bought much lately. I won a $200 amazon giftcard and somehow only bought musical instrument stuff. :) I had bomberman in my cart but put it back.
Bomberstar

Post#59  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 am  Reply with quote + 
I love the Saturn. It's such as great system. To get full enjoyment out of it though you should get the import convertor and some import games. A lot of the better games are imports and most of the good U.S. games are awfully expensive sadly...
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#60  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah. I of course duct taped the door lever down and learned how to do the swap trip very very well to play backups. I only had the Bomberman titles, Puzzle Fighter, Darkstalkers, and Marvel VS Xmen import wise, and those last 3 since I was given them. I never bought any others...wait not, I also have Necronomicon: Pinball since it's H.P. Lovecraft related somewhat and I love that author and genre of fiction.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 3 of 4 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2356s
Index - Back to Top