BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Any Bomberman games for the DS you guys reccomend?
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I haven't played any of the DS Bomberman games as none of them interested me enough to check them out. So I don't really have any suggestions.

From what i can tell none of the bomberman games seem to be dsi enhanced so you should be safe with that. There are a few lists on google and none of the ones I saw have any bomberman games in them.

Good to know. Thanks for the information.

Regulus 777 wrote:
As far as picking them up goes Amazon and Ebay are always good bets. I prefer Amazon. I've never had a problem with them. just make sure the seller's feedback is good. Bomberman 2 is available in english if you get the Europe version but you can get the Japanese version cheaper if you wanna pick it up used.. Search for "Custom Battler bomberman" if you want the japanese version

Sorry I couldn't help you all that much.

I would definitely get the English version if I buy the game.

Hammer Bomber wrote:
• Bomberman DS is passable, 8 player battle mode over 2 screens works well

Is there anything from the multiplayer mode in Bomberman DS that isn't on Bomberman DS 2?

Hammer Bomber wrote:
• You can also get this with Bomberman 2, which has attached to it one of my faverate story modes (it calls it mission mode). Dunno why we got it in Europe while you lot didn't.

My guess is maybe Bomberman sells better in Europe? That probably would describe why games like Super Bomberman 3 and Bomberman Story DS released in Europe but not America. I don't think the series was ever very popular in the U.S. A shame too because Hudson's refusal bring certain games to America caused me to miss out on a lot of interesting Bomberman games when I was younger. D:

Hammer Bomber wrote:
• The Bomberman Land DS games are rubbish, avoid those. Bomberman Story DS has decent enough gameplay but the storyline is dross and there are some frustratingly dull 'town' areas that shouldn't be there.

Yeah, the Land games don't interest me at all. Bomberman Story DS seemed interesting in concept but judging from what I've watched of it, I dunno if it's worth buying.

Hammer Bomber wrote:
• Wikipedia says Bomberman Blitz is just Bomberman DS in a downloadable and slightly reworked form

Ah.

Hammer Bomber wrote:
Summary - If you see Bomberman DS for a good price, pick it up. It supports one cart download play so is (as Bomberman always is) damn good fun with chums. Bomberman 2 is excellent, there is a copy on eBay with a seller who will post to the US, However you may deem the price to be too steep

Considering how the single player looks really dull for Bomberman DS, I doubt I'll pick it up since its sequel looks like it offers a lot from the first game's multiplayer.

Hammer Bomber wrote:
Executive summary - Get a DS flashcart and pirate Bomberman 2. I wouldn't normally condone such behaviour but it wasn't released in your region anyway so bollocks to the establishment

Nah. I'd rather import it if I can find it reasonably priced. Saw it on eBay at a good price just earlier today for example.

HienFan wrote:
Yeah Bomberman Land is not a very good long term thing. Especially the localized ones but they aren't that horrible just a poor man Mario Party.

But Bomberman DS 2 and Story are your best bet far as I know

Yet they both didn't get an American release. o_O

plasm wrote:
I concur with Hammer. Custom Battler Bomberman (Bomberman DS 2) has a great single-player mode. The battle game is probably also good, but I was never able to try it out. You can unlock maps and such throughout the game.

If I were you, I'd only pick up Bomberman DS if you want to play the battle game with friends. The single player option is just a bunch of NES-esque Bomberman maps - no traps or special features whatsoever, from what I can remember. It differs from other installments in that it brings in some enemies from Super Bomberman and maybe Super Bomberman 2 (can't remember), and the bosses are rehashes from older games like Super Bomberman 3, Bomberman '93, and maybe Bomberman '94...

I have no real opinion on Bomberman Story DS, as I've never played through the whole thing. I wasn't very impressed with what little I've played of it, but I can't really judge it.

Yeah, an NES-esque Bomberman game doesn't really seem worth playing to me. I probably would be better off getting Bomberman Blitz instead, or just get only Bomberman DS 2 if that game's multiplayer is on par or better than Bomberman DS's multiplayer.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0938s
Index - Back to Top