Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: "Edutainment" shows
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:45 am  Reply with quote + 
The title may sound a little strange at first, but that's the quoted word people used to identify educational games and stuff. But anyway, this topic is about educational shows -- whether it be live-action or cartoon. While most of them are rather...ahem, obviously kiddy and all that (i.e. Barney & Friends, Teletubbies...and yes, Dora the Explorer), there are quite a couple in which I admit, that I like.

First off, there's Bill Nye the Science Guy, though I doubt they show that anymore. I don't think I saw much of Blue's Clues, but I thought it was okay. I'll probably need to find and watch it on Netflix before I can fully give my thoughts here.

And last, but not least...WordGirl! Yeah, kinda weird for a guy like me to enjoy a show that actually enriches vocabulary usage. At first, when I stumbled upon it via Netflix, I got curious and watched some episodes to see what it was like. In addition to enriching vocabulary usage, this educational show is actually a spoof of generic superhero shows (i.e. Superman).

So anyway...what are your personal thoughts on educational shows? Any of them you came across at some point -- like or detest?

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra

Last edited by WarioMan3K on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:08 am
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1343s
Index - Back to Top