BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: I miss competitive Bomberman. Bring it back?
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have really been thinking about it lately, and I miss the thrill and fun of playing Bomberman at a high level. Ever since Konami took over, there hasn't been much (if anything) going on for our scene. And for the longest time, I personally haven't done anything about it or really been even playing the games except for very sporadically. I still have some good Bomberman players on my friends lists for various titles, but it's been so long since I've played with most of them.

After observing and joining competitive scenes for other games, I feel like I understand the process of how to get a scene going again or strengthen it. I'm modeling some of my ideas after the Alabama Smash League for Super Smash Bros Brawl (one of the strongest scenes for competitive Smash in the Atlantic South) and what I would like to do is start having either weekly or monthly online tournaments or even a league of some sort if we get enough people.

If something like this would happen, it would have to start with our site since there's not a lot of other organized groups out there in support of Bomberman. What I would like to do is have Bomberman Board tournaments on an online Bomberman title. We can do whichever one the most people have/want to play, but I would personally like to nominate Bomberman Live. Its open for discussion what title we would use though so just keep that in mind.

Depending on the results of the tournaments we could then make a power ranking system determining how players are ranked on the site based on tournament results. Also, if we had 16+ people interested, I'd be willing to fundraise money to give payouts to top 3 at our tournaments. Also, I do have a livestream so our tournaments could be streamed and recorded to help gain exposure for the scene.

I'm personally willing to do the work and set up all of this if people are interested. Who would be in support of this?
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1468s
Index - Back to Top