Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Sucky Cartoons
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#40  Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:28 am  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
Why exactly is it a bad thing for boys to like this show? I've only seen a little bit of it, and while it wasn't really my thing, I can see the appeal of it. I think it's nice that there's a show out there that anyone can watch and enjoy, even if they are not the target audience. It's much better then a lot of the other shit aimed at girls these days that's just disgustingly feminine.

And a typical "anyone who isn't a little girl who likes this show has no life" comment? Really? Who are you to judge? It's true that there are some fanatics who are perhaps too into the show, but it's like that with every single franchise out there. The fanbase does not represent the franchise. It never has, and it never should.

And before you say anything, I am not against you having a different opinion. As I said, MLP:FiM wasn't really my thing either. But I do have a problem with comments like "this show is for girls, why does anyone else watch this shit?" and "people over 30 who watch this must live with their mom and don't have a job and failed school". You're putting people down and judging them based entirely on one little thing they like which you happen to not like, which is something I find to be very obnoxious and disrespectful.

While I do agree with everything you just said, I must say that I do have a problem with its "fanbase". I think people have more so turned it into some sort of internet meme and there's tons of people following it. I get really tired of seeing it after a while. I'm not even sure if all of its followers watched the show, they're just participating because they follow just about any internet meme.

I won't criticize nor praise the show, as I've never watched it and possibly never will, if only due to me not liking to watch much TV. I just want to mention how annoying it is to constantly see this internet meme of it being used everywhere. I'm a bit surprised at the number of people that don't get tired of these things considering how often they see it.

Anyways, I do think that this could simply be BBZ's source of hatred for the show. Not saying it justifies his criticism if it is, and it most certainly doesn't justify the sexist comments, just throwing that idea out there while expressing my own views on it.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1768s
Index - Back to Top