Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: 100 Person Bomberman Battle
Razon
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Even though it can be downloaded for free, that doesn't mean that the game is entirely free in itself.

It could for example:
1: Have advertisements in it during loading and other times like many other free mobile games do.
2: Have downloadable content that you need to pay for or items that you purchase with real money in-game, aka freemium.
3: Be advertisement for the TSUTAYA.com kiwi services games, since you need to register with them to play this game online.

The TSUTAYA kiwi service makes their games freemium from the looks of it, and besides selling premium content in games they may also charge for account avatars and such on their website, which can also show in games.

This Bomberman game isn't the only game that Konami released for the launch of the TSUTAYA kiwi games service, they also made the Powerful Pro Baseball game that's listed on the TSUTAYA kiwi page besides any possible others.

So even if the Bomberman game didn't have any pay content in it, the other game may have it and Bomberman could of been thrown in as apart of a package deal. Even if both games didn't have premium purchasable content, it can still be considered a cash in since they released it under the TSUTAYA kiwi service as apart of a business deal for sure.

You also have to consider that Hudson was assigned specifically to work on mobile games, we've already theorized before about how bomberman may only get mobile game releases if anything anymore because of this. So I'm not quite ready to dismiss this as being the goodwill of Konami, or that they're going to be continuing the franchise just yet.

I didn't like that the fact that they directly re-used content from a great game like BOJ for a small cash in game like this, when they still aren't bringing us any real Bomberman games on Console, PC or Handheld.

Besides canceling Bomberman 3DS with still no word on it, they also canceled Bomberman Ultra: Battlefest for PS3 and Wii. I couldn't find the link again for where I read it from, but there was a comment by a developer from Hudson that stated that Battlefest was around 90% done for the 2 consoles and Konami pulled the plug and wouldn't let them finish it. We only have it on Xbox 360 because it was already released.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0894s
Index - Back to Top