Berserk
[Replies: 9]  [Views: 4003]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Users watching this topic: 1  
legato
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:52 am  Reply with quote + 
I was wondering if anyone else has seen this anime. I really freakin' love it! For those who don't know, it follows a character named Gutts (Gatts in Japan) and his travels as a mercenary as things become darker and darker. He's a powerful soldier who becomes so entranced in battle that he goes berserk lol.

I won't spoil any major plot points (be on the look out in case they occur) but it's definitely worth watching. Oh yeah and it's very gorey, especially as it progresses.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
I read some of the manga years ago when I was in High school but haven't seen any of the anime.

I don't remember much of it but I seem to remember liking it at least somewhat.

I'll probly watch it someday. No idea when though. I'm prepping for the new season right now and I've got 2-3 other current older shows I'm working on.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:06 am  Reply with quote + 
I've seen the anime version of it, and it's on my list of mangas to eventually read so I can continue the story for it. I don't have much to say about at the moment though since it's been awhile since I saw it, and I watch so many animes in general which means only so many leave an impression, but I recall it being pretty good.
legato
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:45 am  Reply with quote + 
So you watched the anime Razon? Did you enjoy the cliffhanger ending? :mystery:  It actually cuts off just before the end of that arc so it really leaves the viewer in agony.

On another note, it seems the series is going to be revived through multiple movies. For now, there are 3 movies slated to cover the first major arc (about what the anime covered.)

The first film debuted in theaters in Japan back in February of this year and was released on DVD and Blu-Ray in Japan on May 23. It's supposed to be released sometime around December for North America and featured dub and subs.

The second film hits theaters in Japan June 23 and the third film is scheduled for December I believe. Any who, thanks to a site called SkullKnight.net I've been able to keep up with things. Anyone else out there interested?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have mild interest to eventually watch the series. If I enjoy it I'm sure I'll watch the movies as well, but this probably won't be for quite some time.
legato
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
For anyone interested in the movie I found a torrent for it here: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrents&user=169428

Unfortunately, there are no subs for this and there won't be for about six months until the dvd is released in the US. The movie is in HD so that's a plus. So if anyone wants to watch it early, then can here. =P
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
From what I can tell groups have already subbed the first movie dood. Commie put out a release a week or so ago and now there are others.

http://tokyotosho.info/search.php?terms=berserk&type=1&size_min=&size_max=&username=

So you can watch it early and with subs too. Be sure to still pick up the dvd/bluray later when it comes stateside tho since you're a fan.

I use anidb.net as my main anime resource. It's very in depth. I keep up on current seasons with a combination of that and one of the various seasonal charts out there people make. I can also look up a bunch of neat old stuff.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
I love Berserk, although I haven't seen the anime... not yet anyway. I've only read the first few volumes, but it's very good so far. Guts is basically what you get if you mixed Beowulf with Ash from Evil Dead together, and he also reminds me of the character Macduff from Shakespear's story "The Tragedy of Macbeth", who was born of a similar circumstance.

Spoiler:
Both were born from a dead womb.
legato
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
I highly recommend watching the anime. The ending will shock you beyond words! And thank you Regulus for the link! I shall buy the dvd whenever it becomes available. =)
legato
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:39 am  Reply with quote + 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1375s
Index - Back to Top