Bomberman64 TSA :: Pommy's Evolutions
[Replies: 21]  [Views: 13661]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Game Help

KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:26 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, I just started to play The Second Attack again since a very long time now. I need to start over again on my laptop (I am using an emulator because TSA never was released in Germany) and I always wondered about the evolutionline that Pommy has.

In my old save state my Pommy changed into Cat Pommy which was actually very helpful, but for some reason I never understood how this happened, and thanks to my bad memory I stuck on this evolution things.
The only part I can remember was that it had something to do with the food you give Pommy.

It would be very helpful if someone could tell/show me the evolutionline Pommy has and what I need to do for getting them.

Sincerely:
Saphiria
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Here's a link to show you Pommy Evolution. Link
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thank you kindly for the site for Pommy's evolutions! But now I'm curious about the Pixie Pommy and Shadow Pommy. I never saw them before! How am I supposed to get those two?

*Edit*
Okay, I found a site that has a guide to get one of them.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
hehe! I remember on my last file I got Magic Pommy. He was wicked awesome like that. Could fly and do decent damage. Very cool!
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, Magic Pommy catched a bit of my attention after I saw him there, so maybe I will try to get him in my second save state, though Dragon Pommy also looks very nice! I only doubt that Chicken Pommy will do anything good, haha.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Saphiria wrote:
Yeah, Magic Pommy catched a bit of my attention after I saw him there, so maybe I will try to get him in my second save state, though Dragon Pommy also looks very nice! I only doubt that Chicken Pommy will do anything good, haha.

Dragon Pommy I think is the most powerful of all Pommy Forms in terms of offensive power. Problem is his attack is obviously fire based so that could hinder his offense on some enemies. On the other hand, it could also prove to be quite a boon when fighting enemies that are weak to it. His main drawback is the fact that he attacks a bit slowly so it is hard to actually catch enemies in the fire that he spits out, even for a human Player. The other issue is with recovery from his attack, especially if he misses.

And yeah, Chicken as well as Penguin Pommy forms are both probably the worst in the game. Penguin Pommy can only stun enemies, though I suppose he is at an advantage due to the fact that he is incredibly easy to use (even by the AI) because of his fast attack and quick recovery.

Chicken Pommy can deal damage, but the problem with him is that he attacks three times and moves forward every time he attacks. This means he's likely to get hit by the enemy and be stunned if he doesn't kill the enemy with his attack. And that is more likely than not considering his attack isn't the most damaging if I'm not mistaken.

Claw Pommy is similar to Chicken Pommy in that regard yet he's still much better as he deals more damage and attacks faster too.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
I also remember knight pommy being pretty solid. It was a pain for my bro and I to get him when we played. Magic was better anyway but we wanted to check out knight cause he looks really cool.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I also remember knight pommy being pretty solid. It was a pain for my bro and I to get him when we played. Magic was better anyway but we wanted to check out knight cause he looks really cool.

Knight Pommy is indeed one of the better Pommy forms. Very powerful offensive attack and pretty good speed and recovery. ironically. The best part was that he could fight any opponent as his attacks were physical. His only drawback was the fact that he wasn't airborne.

Pretty sure you knew that though, but I'm mostly feeding information to Saphiria :P
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hmm so Chicken Pommy is indeed a bit of useless. Actually I thought he will cackle his enemies until their head explode but picking them would do the job lol!

I guess I will let Pommy evolve to Cat Pommy again for the first save state and try to get Knight Pommy or Magic Pommy on the second. The 3rd save state... hm, getting Pixie/Shadow Pommy is a kind of challenge and I don't know if both are worth the stress.

For me the other evolutions of Pommy are just there for being cute and nothing more, lol! The black chicken also reminds me of the Silky Chicken I have in my Harvest Moon - Sunshine Island, rofl!
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Saphiria wrote:
Hmm so Chicken Pommy is indeed a bit of useless. Actually I thought he will cackle his enemies until their head explode but picking them would do the job lol!

I guess I will let Pommy evolve to Cat Pommy again for the first save state and try to get Knight Pommy or Magic Pommy on the second. The 3rd save state... hm, getting Pixie/Shadow Pommy is a kind of challenge and I don't know if both are worth the stress.

For me the other evolutions of Pommy are just there for being cute and nothing more, lol! The black chicken also reminds me of the Silky Chicken I have in my Harvest Moon - Sunshine Island, rofl!

There is actually a really good area to stock for food. You know where the Guardian Armor is on Horizon, right? Go there :P
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
There is actually a really good area to stock for food. You know where the Guardian Armor is on Horizon, right? Go there :P

Well I have troubles reminding that place fully. Sadly I was so stupid and closed the emulator after I defeated Ashtarth *facepalm* Do you mean the large room with all those snakes and wind djinns where you need to get the green, blue and red jewels?
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Saphiria wrote:
DarkFire4114 wrote:

Well I have troubles reminding that place fully. Sadly I was so stupid and closed the emulator after I defeated Ashtarth *facepalm* Do you mean the large room with all those snakes and wind djinns where you need to get the green, blue and red jewels?

There's no enemies. I'm talking about the room with the Statues that you have to move onto the switches, then use Wind Bombs in order to get a Green Jewl. There should be one of those blueish objects (forgot what they're called) that can only be destroyed by Lightning Bombs. Beyond there is some Guardian Armor and also food for Pommy. You can constantly re-entering the room to grind for food.
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
Saphiria wrote:
DarkFire4114 wrote:

There's no enemies. I'm talking about the room with the Statues that you have to move onto the switches, then use Wind Bombs in order to get a Green Jewl. There should be one of those blueish objects (forgot what they're called) that can only be destroyed by Lightning Bombs. Beyond there is some Guardian Armor and also food for Pommy. You can constantly re-entering the room to grind for food.

Hm I don't have the lightning bomb yet but I guess I remember the place you mean now! I will check that up once I got most of the elemental bombs. Thanks for the tip!
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Magic Pommy's the best one, if you ask me.

Lotsa fun using that one, I just went wherever I wanted when Reggy and I played it. Also had something of a ranged attack that was pretty strong too. Knight was cool too, but Magic beats it. Can't beat the cute little Black Mage lookalike.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
The more I read the more I want to have the evolutions you all are talking about lol!
Sadly there isn't a way getting them all or turning back the evolutions when you made an mistake. The only way is to play all save states and both the english and japanese ROM to see which Pommy is worth the evolution. To what I've read so far I try to avoid the Chicken, though it makes me laugh and curious how difficult everything could get thanks to this useless evolution.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#16  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Saphiria wrote:
The more I read the more I want to have the evolutions you all are talking about lol!
Sadly there isn't a way getting them all or turning back the evolutions when you made an mistake. The only way is to play all save states and both the english and japanese ROM to see which Pommy is worth the evolution. To what I've read so far I try to avoid the Chicken, though it makes me laugh and curious how difficult everything could get thanks to this useless evolution.

Actually, there's a special item (it was some kind of potion I believe) that brings Pommy back to his previous form. It can be bought from the shop.

Also, since you're playing on an emulator, you can easily use cheats to modify Pommy :P
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
What the hell... I never recognized a potion that turns Pommy's level back. If this is the case, I shouldn't worry about making more save states then... It would make more work playing the whole game over and over again just to get a different Pommy evolution.

Haha yeah probably, but I never use cheats on my games no matter if it's on the original console/handheld or an emulator ;P
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
Saphiria wrote:
What the hell... I never recognized a potion that turns Pommy's level back. If this is the case, I shouldn't worry about making more save states then... It would make more work playing the whole game over and over again just to get a different Pommy evolution.

Maybe it wasn't a potion, I don't really know myself. But for some reason, I remember it being a potion.
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#19  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well I guess I'll see once I can enter this shop again. For some reason after a uncertain time the controls are playing crazy when I play TSA. I need to use the numlock buttons to control Bomberman in all directions, the normal controls for moving only work for going up and down. I have 2 different emulators but one doesn't show the sequences and dialogs while the other one f*cks up the controls.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#20  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Saphiria wrote:
Well I guess I'll see once I can enter this shop again. For some reason after a uncertain time the controls are playing crazy when I play TSA. I need to use the numlock buttons to control Bomberman in all directions, the normal controls for moving only work for going up and down. I have 2 different emulators but one doesn't show the sequences and dialogs while the other one f*cks up the controls.

I don't know why that is, but I do know that I have the same problem.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Game Help All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2043s
Index - Back to Top