Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman 64 Enemy Names
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:57 am  Reply with quote + 
The diamond thief is referred to as a "イタズラ小僧" at least twice in the opening paragraph for Green Garden Stage 3 on page 22 (scan 11) of the guide. It seems to roughly translate as "rascal" or "troublemaker". Something along those lines.

I'm not sure about the spiders. It would take some extra searching to find that term... Maybe tomorrow.

By the way, just for reference. Most of the bosses have different names in the Japanese version.

US --> English

Draco : Drago
Leviathan: Levaia
Hades: Spriggan (?)
Mantis: Ripper
Cerberus: Absolute
[???] : Master

The first two bosses are essentially named the same way. The boss' "subtitles" are probably all different as well; I noticed that Mantis' subtitle is "Shining Monster" and Hades' is "Haut's Revenge" (Orion's Revenge; ironically it became "Hot Avenger" in the English version... They changed Haut's name to Orion, so either somebody else translated the boss subtitle afterwards, and didn't know about the name change, literally translating Haut as "hot", or they figured they could play with the word as it was and make a similar phrase). I didn't look through the rest, really at this point I'm just taking note of extra little things that are of no concern.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0861s
Index - Back to Top