BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Capcom: What a Load of Fail You've Become.
[Replies: 15]  [Views: 4804]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Capcom has announced Mega Man Legends 3's cancellation. Not only that, but they also blame the fans for this.

Wow. Congratulations Capcom, you're getting closer and closer to becoming one of the most hated video game companies in history. I hope you're proud of yourselves. Seriously, no words can describe just how freaking ridiculous this is. First with DmC, now this crap. Capcom of Europe's responses to fan outrage on Twitter is so poorly handled, it's almost hilarious (see second link).

Some more details regarding this outrage.

I admit I'm not the biggest Mega Man fan out there, but I have got to sympathize with the fans here. There is no excuse for this type of behavior on Capcom's half. Do they not realize just how crucial fans really are to them? When you keep doing stuff like this, you're only bound to piss them off, and when you piss them off, they won't keep doing business with you.

What are your feelings on this one, guys?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#2  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
May as well rename the company Crapcom. I was kinda neutral to their questionable antics these past few years, but between what's happen lately and Inafune's resignation, I'm now taking bets on how long will they stay afloat with their crappy business decisions.

This guy's post summed it up quite well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/59786307
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wow. I never even played Megaman Legends, nor was I intending to play the new one, and this is kind of agitating. Humorous in a way, insofar as Capcom's responses seem like trolling, but more agitating in that they are willing to not only cancel a potentially successful and anticipated title, but are also blaming their fans.

Not that I haven't said anything that's already been said, but... man.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
BlueBomberman wrote:
May as well rename the company Crapcom. I was kinda neutral to their questionable antics these past few years, but between what's happen lately and Inafune's resignation, I'm now taking bets on how long will they stay afloat with their crappy business decisions.

This guy's post summed it up quite well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/59786307

Yeah, no kidding. I used to love and support Capcom, but with some of the stunts they've been pulling lately, I really don't know how much longer I'll be willing to fork money over to them (and the fans too at that).

Things like:
- DmC (nobody asked for this, and frankly, nobody wants it either)
- No plans to localize Ace Attorney Investigations II (granted, I haven't played the first one yet, but as an Ace Attorney fan, it kind of upset me)
- The locked save data issue for Mercenaries 3D (this is an issue I don't really understand what all the rage is about, but it's something that pissed a lot of people off)
- Outsourcing a RE game to some no name developer known for SOCOM spinoffs and resulting in a game that doesn't really resemble RE at all
- The cancellation of Mega Man Universe
- Milking the crap out of their recent fighting games (particularly, Street Fighter IV and, to a smaller extent, Marvel Vs Capcom 3)
- The cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3, a game people have been asking for for about 10 years (which many fans viewed as the last straw)

plasm wrote:
Wow. I never even played Megaman Legends, nor was I intending to play the new one, and this is kind of agitating. Humorous in a way, insofar as Capcom's responses seem like trolling, but more agitating in that they are willing to not only cancel a potentially successful and anticipated title, but are also blaming their fans.

Not that I haven't said anything that's already been said, but... man.

Yeah, it's funny in that their responses are so half-assed and reeked of not caring (and also don't make a lot of sense). But yeah, it's just a bunch of bull manure.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
There's only one thing that's still been left truly sacred, and that's Power Stone... and that's only cause they forgot about it existing.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
There's only one thing that's still been left truly sacred, and that's Power Stone... and that's only cause they forgot about it existing.

So it would seem. Although I think there's a Power Stone collection on PSP, not entirely sure though. Hopefully it just stays that way.

You know, I think what's most upsetting about all of this is that they have shown to be quite capable at making good games. But lately, they've been, well, doing this kind of crap.

Recent stuff I'm into:

fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:44 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, there was power stone collection 5 years ago. It was a very good port from what I've heard. All I really want is a port with decent full net play. A good PS3 would be great but, I still can only play PS2 and PS1 with friends willing to play it, and that's not all that many anymore.
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
- DmC (nobody asked for this, and frankly, nobody wants it either)
- No plans to localize Ace Attorney Investigations II (granted, I haven't played the first one yet, but as an Ace Attorney fan, it kind of upset me)
- The locked save data issue for Mercenaries 3D (this is an issue I don't really understand what all the rage is about, but it's something that pissed a lot of people off)
- Outsourcing a RE game to some no name developer known for SOCOM spinoffs and resulting in a game that doesn't really resemble RE at all
- The cancellation of Mega Man Universe
- Milking the crap out of their recent fighting games (particularly, Street Fighter IV and, to a smaller extent, Marvel Vs Capcom 3)
- The cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3, a game people have been asking for for about 10 years (which many fans viewed as the last straw)

-Never having every Monster up to date in ANY Monster Hunter game, completely removing ALL Underwater areas in MHF3 for almost no reason, and keeping all the good games in the series exclusive to Japan such as Frontier or MHF3. If they have billions of dollars after all the milking they tend to do, there would be PLENTY of money to develop a Monster Hunter game that has everything up to date. Even Nintendo has a similar amount of money and will NOT hesitate to keep all new Generations of Pokemon up to date with all past Pokemon being programmed into the new games.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, it looks like Mega Man Legends 3 may still have a chance. But according to this article, it needs help.

For those of you who don't feel like reading the whole thing, I'll just put down the need to know stuff.

Quote:
Here's the OFFICIAL problem:

Capcom looked at the number of members registered in the MML3 DevRoom as the official number of units they could anticipate to sell if they green-lighted the title for Full Development. The game was never authorized for full time development because the numbers in North America were less than 4500. Which with development costs it was deemed Financially Unacceptable to release the title.

HOWEVER, The DevTeam convinced them to leave the North American Development room on Capcom-Unity open in an effort to try and generate enough members to change their minds. Also inside the DevRoom is the Official Petition to release the prototype of the game and continue development of the game on a FULL SCALE.

In order to do this however we need your help to spread the word out to your 25,000+ people to do 2 things. (The instructions have been edited for the easiest way to do this via Facebook.)

Come on show them that you care and want them to make MML3. Become a Servbot! DON'T JUST CLICK "LIKE" ON FACEBOOK!

1) Click this Link. http://www.capcom-unity.com/go/devroom/about

2) Click Register

3) Click Facebook

4) Fill out birth date

5) Click Accept

6) Click the Green Plus Mark that will add you to the DevRoom

7) Then the box above it "Become a Servbot."

The numbers here were why it (Mega Man Legends 3) was originally canceled.

After you join the Dev Room as a Servbot you are then permitted to sign the ONLY Capcom recognized Petition for Mega Man Legends 3 here.

If you can get your 25,000+ people to all bring up the official headcount in support of the game and sign the petition to bring back the prototype. Capcom will be forced to see the game as profitable again netting in over 5 times the original projected profit and if you can reach your goal of 100,000 as well while getting them to do this the game will have a projected profit of over 20 times the original projections.

It should be noted that you do not have to do the Facebook stuff if you don't want to. You only have to join the Dev Room and become a Servbot, and that's all. I'm considering doing this, even though I have no immediate plans on getting this game or a 3DS.

I'm not asking everyone here to do it. I'm just going to ask those of you interested in seeing another Mega Man game to at least think about it. I have a feeling that the future of Mega Man really depends on this particular game.

EDIT: I did it. It's incredibly easy to do. I am now Servbot # 009056.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#10  Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:02 am  Reply with quote + 
lol! What a load of bull! Capcom won't make the game unless it'll sell 25,000 copies?

So what? You'll get 25,000+ people to ask for it and they'll make it for you? and what then?

They might just make a mediocre or crappy game to sell the units. Just cause they decide to go and make it after all doesn't mean they'll actually make the game good.

I honestly had no interest in it anyway. especially with it being on 3DS, a system I have absolutely 0% interest in.

Keiji Inafune is gone now. Honestly it's my belief Megaman died with him leaving the company. What was the last good Megaman game? X8? back in 2004?

The only recent title I got moderate enjoyment out of was Marvel VS Capcom 3. It was not a bad game to play but it was not as good as the first 2. I'm also in total agreement with milking the titles with downloadable content that must be purchased. Especially stupid shit like characters that should be available from the get go. make them unlock-able or something. Pay more money for them? Seriously? You've already payed 50-60 dollars for the game!

Most of the other things that fans are upset about don't affect me much, I'm not a fan of Resident Evil, Devil May Cry or even Ace attorney much but I still sympathize.

Capcom is a joke now. I can only hope to see them go under in the next few years and it will serve them right for treating their fanbase like shit. same goes for any company that thinks they can get away with that. We got these game companies where they are today. I can't even imagine how much money I personally must've spent on video games in my youth.

Back then they earned it cause they made great, enjoyable games! I cherish the memories of my youth playing megaman all day long. I also loved older games like Breath of Fire, their fighting games, and alot of their shooters.

There's probably more i could rage on about but I've had enough for today. Megaman and Capcom are done as far as I'm concerned. I'd say just let it go.

Adios Capcom!
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:08 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh yeah, there's also no plans to localize Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, which will probably be one of the greatest crossover games ever, just from what the two games are.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#12  Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:47 am  Reply with quote + 
The fact that they won't develop MML3 because they are unsure about whether it'll even sell 25k copies is a big red flag about it's potential "quality".
miru
Bomberbie

Post#13  Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
MML3 would have sucked anyway, I heard the fort two weren't all that great either. And Capcom have gotten worse:

*The Street Fighter X Tekken fiasco. They included DLC for characters who were already on the disc, one being Bad Boxart MegaMan of all people, which was seen as offensive to Mega Man's often vindictive and savage fanbase.
*Killed Darkstalkers, Devil May Cry and it's offshoot DmC, Okami, and outside of Japan, Ace Attorney.
*Mega Man is still used as a marketing shill. It depends on you whether that's a good thing or not.
*Seem to have buried Power Stone, Warzard, Captain Commando, Dino Crisis, etc for good.
*Plans to kill Breath of Fire with the worst app I have ever seen
*Nearly greenlit a Mega Man gritty reboot that seemed more miserable than Act Zero and would make Sonic 06 look good.
*So broke/stingy they won't develop on 8th gen.
*Created Street Fighter X All Capcom... And it's a horrendous app game. I played a nearly identical Transformers version and it sucked horribly.

Thus, Capcom are nigh-broke. THQ already died off, Capcom's probably next.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ace attourney dual destanies was released, atleast (though digitally), layton vs wright is supposed to be released next year, I bought a 3ds for it.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#15  Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:31 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#16  Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
lmao!

oh you guys.....
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1907s
Index - Back to Top