[Replies: 40]  [Views: 28156]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 2  
Razon
Board Admin

Post#1  Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Click here to jump to the E3 and Summer 2021 discussion.

None, was cancelled this year.

Click here to jump to the E3 2019 discussion.

Click here to jump to the E3 2018 discussion.

Click here to jump to the E3 2017 discussion.

Click here to jump to the E3 2016 discussion.

Click here to jump to the E3 2015 discussion.

Click here to jump to the E3 2014 discussion.

Click here to jump to the E3 2013 discussion.

Click here to jump to the E3 2012 discussion.

E3 Events - June 6-9th 2011

http://www.e3expo.com/
http://e3.gamespot.com/

E3 is now upon us again this year, the biggest gaming event of the year. Where you get hyped about awesome games, and then never got around to playing them..or maybe that's just me. Half or more of the fun is just in hyping it, and looking forward to getting the game I think.

What do we have to look forward to this year? Sequels, series continuations and some new series like always. There's also the announcement of the next new console from nintendo, and a new handheld gaming system from sony.

I'm looking forward to seeing new footage of games for the Nintendo 3DS, and for Bomberman 3DS to get re-announced. E3 would be one of the best times to show the game, unless they want to rework it a great deal or if it's completely canceled. I'm probably most looking forward to the next Paper Mario game, and the announced Super Mario 3DS game.

The best part of E3 besides all of the new announcements, is easily the live conferences from the 3 main companies. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft sometimes aren't overly entertaining, Nintendo also had a few dull E3 conferences in prior years. However last year Nintendo finally got back to having an awesome conference again, and they concentrated on their gamer audience like they used to many years ago. They put on a great show, and I hope that this year's is just as good. In more recent years other gaming companies also started doing conferences, though they're normally on a smaller scale and mainly for fans.

I've always watched the conferences live and chatted with folks online during them, we should all get together in the forum chat this year during the live streams and have a good time. Gamespot and Nintendo's website normally offer the highest quality free streams available, so here's the links for those and the conference times.

Microsoft
June 6th, 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm EST
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/

Sony
June 6th, 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm EST
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/sony-e3/

Nintendo
June 7th, 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm EST
http://e3.nintendo.com/
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/nintendo-e3/

So what's everyone else looking forward to from E3 this year?

Last edited by Razon on Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 pm
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Eh, honestly, I'm not particularly too interested in E3. Not enough to go out of my way and watch it anyway. I've slowly been losing interest in new gaming over the past couple of months

Konami did what looks like a pretty sweet pre-E3 conference for those of us unfortunate enough to attend E3 (aka everyone but the press). I only watched the first 10 minutes of it before I went to sleep last night, but it's pretty neat from what I saw (about an hour long video to warn you). Check it out if you'd like. Some info on MGS Snake Eater 3D was revealed, along with, to my understanding, HD Collections of Zone of the Enders 1 and 2 (fudge yeah) and Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and Peace Walker (yeah, Peace Walker) that will be released for both PS3 and 360. Kind of cool if you're into that kind of thing.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sony: Didn't watch.

Microsoft: They'd better hope the developer does a good job at Halo 4 unlike their past ODST.

Nintendo: ****ING SWEEEEEEEEEEET. Those BEAUTIFUL HD Graphics from the Wii U are PERFECT, and it has a good entry of hardcore games I'd expect out of a 360 or PS3 (Saw nothing but blood and gore in the clips from each major game shown for it, especially the one Ninja one). Need to see more pics on the actual console itself though, but a lot of developers seem pretty impressed with it.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Microsoft
I found the conference to be dull, there was nothing that I was interested in. I even fell asleep before it was over, though I did finish watching it later.

Sony
They put on a decent presentation, and they showed some nice lookings games.

Nintendo
It was a pretty good conference, but not as good as last year's. It certainly felt like they fit a lot of new content in the 1 hour conference time, perhaps a bit rushed. They could of provided some more info and detailed descriptions for things, more game footage, more trailers and possibly an on-stage demo. The WiiU is looking good, if the controller is comfortable to use then nintendo probably has another hit innovation on their hands. The fact that the controller doubles as a screen is nice, that can make for some great local multiplayer. As for after conference stuff, Pikmin 3 will be on the WiiU, Paper Mario 3DS trailer, Kirby Wii trailer, Mario Party 9 Wii trailer, and etc are looking good.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#5  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:05 am  Reply with quote + 
For once, none of the big three bored people with pointless sales figures. Guess they all finally realized how much people hated them.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:08 am  Reply with quote + 
I don't dislike sales figures as it's nice to see how they're doing if I like the company, they would mainly show them for investors.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 am  Reply with quote + 
...Am I the only one that thought "WTF?" when I saw that Wii U thing?

Nintendo, Sega called. They want their screen on a controller idea back.

Jokind aside, the "whole playing the game on the controller" thing is kind of neat, but I'd much rather play my console games on my television from a comfortable distance, thank you very much. Seeing as I have my own TV, I'd never have a problem with someone else wanting to use it in the first place.

Also, get disappoint guys, Nintendo won't be selling that controller separately. Instead you can play local multiplayer with other Wiimotes. What the hell Nintendo. What the hell.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:17 am  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:

Also, get disappoint guys, Nintendo won't be selling that controller separately. Instead you can play local multiplayer with other Wiimotes. What the hell Nintendo. What the hell.

Cool beans, the only good point to the console just went away... Oh I guess there's one more, in that if i really feel like it I could throw the wii on a power inverter in a car and then play most of the actually good games (the ones that don't make me do too much dang waggle or ridiculous second screen crap), or are well enough designed to offer options on the road. Then again, if i wanted that I could just buy a 3ds.

More important to me is how quickly the communication protocol gets reverse engineered and it becomes my very expensive television remote and my anywhere within 20 feet of my laptop emulation machine.
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#9  Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
what I found impressive was the playstation Vita, which is the successor to the PSP, I thought all the features it has were really nifty, and the Wii U was pretty neat too.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:45 am  Reply with quote + 
I decided to re-use this E3 topic from last year so that I don't have to start a new one. All the links are the same but the date and times are different, so I'll list them all again here.

E3 Events - June 4-7th 2012

http://www.e3expo.com/
http://e3.gamespot.com/

So it's that time of year again, and E3 is just a day or two away. A lot of what I said in my E3 2011 topic post still holds true for this year, so I'll just keep it brief.

To start off I'm interested in hearing more about the Wii U, though I'm going to wait until after E3 to comment on this. We'll likely be getting all of the details about it since they said that they'll have the final unit on hand at E3, and since they plan to launch it later this year.

Not sure if we can expect anything about the next Playstation or Xbox yet, but if we don't get any info on it this year then we'll probably hear about it next year. Konami already had their pre-e3 show, there's still no news about Bomberman and I'm not really expecting anything from them.

Most of the games that I look forward to are from Nintendo, so I'll just wait and see what they have to show before I mention anything on that front. I wouldn't mind hearing some info about when the next Harvest Moon game for the 3DS will be brought stateside, since I heard that it was pretty good. Also Zone of Enders 3 was finally announced, I had liked the first 2 games so I look forward to seeing more of this.

Microsoft
June 4th, 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm EST
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/

Sony
June 4th, 9:00 pm to 10:30 pm EST
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/sony-e3/

Nintendo
June 5th, 12:00 am to 1:00 pm EST
http://e3.nintendo.com/
http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/nintendo-e3/
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Konami already had their pre-e3 show, there's still no news about Bomberman and I'm not really expecting anything from them.

Same here with Contra, which again showcases their lack of care about the franchise itself -- besides Bomberman...

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#12  Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well if a 3rd Zone of the Enders game was announced, I think that is pretty cool. The last title was some 6 years ago...

I own the first 2 but haven't played much of the 2nd. First one was cool though. Loved the soundtrack, Story was interesting, it was pretty fun to just play and wasn't too long either.

So you never know what Konami might revisit. I'm sure you'll see another Contra at some point eventually. Though I don't think Contra titles of recent years have done very well. My bro and I played some of the Contra on PS2. It wasn't too bad and retained a similar feel to the older games but something about it just wasn't pulling me in.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 am  Reply with quote + 
WarioMan3K wrote:
Same here with Contra, which again showcases their lack of care about the franchise itself -- besides Bomberman...

A Contra game came out last year... Along with a couple of other games that came out in the past 5 years (Contra 4 for DS and Contra ReBirth for WiiWare). I'd hardly consider Contra neglected.

Regulus777 wrote:
Well if a 3rd Zone of the Enders game was announced, I think that is pretty cool. The last title was some 6 years ago...

I own the first 2 but haven't played much of the 2nd. First one was cool though. Loved the soundtrack, Story was interesting, it was pretty fun to just play and wasn't too long either.

I believe whether a third game will be developed or not will depend on how well the ZoE HD collection does. There's a lot of demand for a ZoE3 though, and they know it. We'll just have to see I guess.

As for E3, I've honestly become less and less interested in the event each passing year. I have realized that over the years, I'm slowly losing interest in modern gaming. Honestly, the only new games I've shown any real interest in is Metal Gear Rising and Resident Evil 6, that's pretty much it. Any news that's comes out relating to franchises I like is usually met with disappointment or uninterested at best. I have personally not cared for the direction the industry is moving at all, and I don't see myself getting any future consoles unless there are some serious changes to business practices and ethics, which I do not see happening anytime soon.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#14  Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:54 am  Reply with quote + 
Ha ha, someone is clearly doing more research then me here. I didnt' know anything about new contra titles and apparently not many do. I can see why it may be considered a neglected franchise but I'm not really claiming to be a big fan of that franchise which would excuse me...

I doubt the ZOE HD collection will do as well as the company hopes especially if they are anything like the rest of the developers calling 100s of thousands of copies sold "failures or disappointments" but they tend to give in and release more shit anyway.
legato
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:56 am  Reply with quote + 
I feel the same as Soniti. It seems like the newer things get the less interested I become. It's a sad thing to think but I feel as if gaming has had a "plateau" with me and I'm on the decline. Maybe it's just an effect of me growing older, I'm not sure.

I was excited to see that a bunch of Mario games are in the works from Nintendo but it also made me think how they're all feeling the same anymore. Is it possible to have too much Mario in your life? :surprise: 
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:08 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Ha ha, someone is clearly doing more research then me here. I didnt' know anything about new contra titles and apparently not many do. I can see why it may be considered a neglected franchise but I'm not really claiming to be a big fan of that franchise which would excuse me...

Heh, it's more like "hey wait a minute, didn't they release some Contra games only a few years ago?" and looked it up for clarification and I was right. Although I suppose it could be considered "neglected" due to how they just come about without much of a bang.

Regulus 777 wrote:
I doubt the ZOE HD collection will do as well as the company hopes especially if they are anything like the rest of the developers calling 100s of thousands of copies sold "failures or disappointments" but they tend to give in and release more shit anyway.

Apparently the ZoE Collection is gonna be bundled with a playable demo for Metal Gear Rising, that may help with sales. I mean, hey, it worked with the original ZoE, right? That game was bundled with a playable demo of MGS2, which helped drastically boost sales for the game IIRC.

legato wrote:
I feel the same as Soniti. It seems like the newer things get the less interested I become. It's a sad thing to think but I feel as if gaming has had a "plateau" with me and I'm on the decline. Maybe it's just an effect of me growing older, I'm not sure.

I was excited to see that a bunch of Mario games are in the works from Nintendo but it also made me think how they're all feeling the same anymore. Is it possible to have too much Mario in your life? :surprise: 

I don't think the problem is "too much Mario in your life," it's more like "Mario's become too much of the same."

Recent stuff I'm into:

BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#17  Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
When the current gaming market is over-saturated with FPS that play basically the same way and crappy flash iOS games. Mario is just a minor issue in comparison.

That said, this year's E3 was very disappointing. Especially for Sony and Nintendo.

Practically no PS Vita information, lolWonderBook, and several forgettable PS3 titles. Sony seems to have completely abandoned the PS Vita already and it has only been out for about 5 months now. What the hell happened to this company? They used to be a monster of a gaming company, now they are pretty much jokes now with all the huge flops, bad decisions, and general neglect they've made these past few years.

Nintendo just bored us with old info for the most part, really disappointing considering how good their '10 and '11 conferences were. At least they are localizing Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#18  Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:00 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:

It's actually been 9 years since the last game was released in the series, so it reached the point where you would of wondered if there would ever be another one made or not.

As for the actual E3 conferences, Microsoft and Sony didn't do too bad this year. Well at least the Cinamatic like experience games that they showed looked interesting, though I never really get around to playing FPS or those kind of games anyway.

Nintendo's conference started off great with Miyamoto and Pikmin 3, and it was also relatively humorous at times. Though it went downhill after that since they catered a lot to the casual audience, but they can always appeal more to the hardcore gamers later. Consoles rarely launch with a good game lineup, so that much was to be expected. Not to mention that it hasn't been long since they released their last Kirby, Zelda, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart and etc games, and we currently have Pikmin 3, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, 2 New Super Mario Bros games and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on the way. So I'd say that they're doing quite good in that aspect, we can surely expect more game announcements next E3 from them to keep the Wii U and 3DS going strong. I'm pleased that they'll allow for at least 2 of the main controllers for the system to be used, since that that helps solve the otherwise limited multiplayer that there would of been, then the alternate pro controller is a decent side addition too.

So I'd say that E3 was alright this year, I enjoyed it for the most part anyway.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#19  Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:09 am  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Regulus 777 wrote:

It's actually been 9 years since the last game was released in the series, so it reached the point where you would of wondered if there would ever be another one made or not.

Ah... my copy of Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner's latest date is 2006 so perhaps that is just the U.S. release year. It does also say 2003 Konami Japan beforehand so that must be when it was made. My mistake, but to an english speaking fan it would probably only be 6 years.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#20  Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:48 am  Reply with quote + 
Although I'm not as big on E3 this year as I have been in the past, I am however looking forward to Resident 6 and Pickmin 3. I'll definitely continue supporting the Wii U (despite it's ridicules title), but refuse to have anything to do with PS4 (the Orbis) and Xbox 720 because Microsoft/Sony have both sold their souls to online.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 3 Page: 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2666s
Index - Back to Top