Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman's Head Antenna
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:41 am  Reply with quote + 
I must abstain from voting, but here is my two cents on the matter.

On white antennae: It's like that in almost all of the artwork, and in most games in which the antenna is visible. I do agree that it doesn't really match the rest of the character's color scheme, but also, it kind of fits best in my opinion. White is pretty much the most neutral color you're going to get. The other colors stand out a lot more. Also, white is not the only color on these characters that doesn't match anything else on them. Take the belts for example.

On head-colored antennae: This makes the antenna blend in with the head, and become something that isn't distinct. I think that the differently colored antenna is something that makes a Bomberman look like a Bomberman (when the antenna is visible). Otherwise, it looks like a plastic peg sticking off of a cheap toy, or like the Bomberman is wearing some kind of knitted hood with an antenna cozy.

On fleshy antennae: This seriously just creeps me out. It looks disturbing and kind of grotesque in a way... like a weird, hairless, fleshy rod sticking out of the crown of the Bomberman's head. I don't know, man. I don't know.

On belt-colored antennae: I don't know, it's OK, I guess. This would mean that Red would have a blue antenna, Blue would have a black antenna, etc. The look doesn't really bother me, but it makes the antenna stand out more. I think that the antenna on such basic characters should be more neutral. Save the funky colors for more distinct characters.

On black antennae: Again, it doesn't really bother me, but it still sticks out (no pun intended). I guess it is more neutral than the blue that would match some Bombers' belts, but it's still not as neutral as white.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0785s
Index - Back to Top