BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Unused Super Bomberman 3 Sprites
[Replies: 24]  [Views: 29472]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods -> Bomberman Emulation

Ragey
Board Admin

Post#21  Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, what blocked door, Zaphe? I think I vaguely know what you're talking about, but it's been so long since I've played the game I can't remember. :/

It's not exactly unused graphics, but I thought I might as well post it here. I ripped the music from Neo Bomberman using Kawaks' jukebox option, and there's three songs I can't quite identify. Does anyone recognise where these are played?

tune 0722
A short sad tune. I'm almost certain I've heard this before, but I'm just not sure if it was in Neo Bomberman. The music is composed by NOW PRODUCTION, so it might be a leftover from something else they've done.

tune 0734
Sounds like something you'd hear after finishing a stage or a battle or something, but I've never heard it.

tune 0739
I'm almost sure this is a stage theme from the single-player mode, but I skimmed through a video of someone playing the whole game and never heard it. Frustrating, because it seems really familiar too!
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#22  Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh! I answered his question in the chat, but I should have answered it here as well. Check this topic; the discussion about the blocked door and invisible path begins with Duke Serkol's first post on the page.

Anyway, I didn't realize that there was an option to rip the music with Kawaks as well. Awesome! I don't really recognize those first two tunes, but the third does sound really familiar. I thought it might be for battle stage selection or for the little intro where it tells you how to play the game, but those weren't right. Fortunately I still had a save state from where I'd gotten to the last part of the battle mode, so I could reload and beat it with different characters to see the different portraits.

tl;dr: It's the ending credits music for battle mode.

No clue about those others though!
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#23  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:27 am  Reply with quote + 
I have to call upon Zaphe's music identifying skills once more! I was ripping Pocket Bomberman's music from a GBS file, and there's this song. It seems really familiar and I'm almost certain it is used in the game, but for the life of me I can't find where it's played.

Also, these graphics are lumped close to each other near the end of the ROM. The burning is used (forgot to crop it out), but the gems and the birds and flowers and so on, I've never seen them before.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#24  Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Gosh, it does sound familiar! But I just played through the whole game, including Jump Mode, and never heard it anywhere... I wonder if another rendition of it was used in a different game, and that is why it sounds so familiar? Anyway, it's a very pretty song...

Also, cool find with those graphics. I'm guessing that the gems are an earlier version of the Power Stones. As for the bird, flower, and pillar-chunk-soft-block... My initial thought was that it was a different area, and that the bird was an enemy, but I don't think that's right. The bird looks too "realistic" to be an enemy - Bomberman enemies are always cartoony. Plus, it doesn't have a death animation, apparently? So maybe the bird and flower were for a cutscene; perhaps before Bomberman yanked the sword there was supposed to be a scene of him up on the top of the mountain, walking up to it? And it would be like a small, peaceful areaa where the sword was sleeping, kind of like when Link pulls the Master Sword in ALttP? Who knows. The pillars get me though, they are clearly meant to be Soft Blocks so where would they have been used?

Very interesting.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#25  Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
So hey, this is really weird and unexpected, a little creepy, and also awesome.

You know those Mr. Moai enemies in the first stage of Super Bomberman 2? The Easter Island heads? Well, if you ever wondered what was inside of their big stone mouths (if this is the case then please seek help), it turns out that they have disturbingly long tongues.

Here are a bunch of unused Mr. Moai sprites, ripped from the tiles.

It appears that in early versions of the game, Mr. Moai was able to stick out its long tongue and eat bombs that were right next to it. I say this because in the side views, the tongue slants downward, so it looks as if it would go under the bomb and pull it in. How weird is that? I presume that they removed this feature in an attempt to balance out the general difficulty of the first stage's enemies.

I just so happened to come across these as I was ripping sprites from the game this morning. I don't know if there are any other little treasures to be found yet.

Now, here's my question: Is there anybody out there who can hack the game or figure out a PAR code that will re-enable this ability? It is very possible that the code is still there, and has just been disabled. It would be really cool to see it in action.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods -> Bomberman Emulation All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1467s
Index - Back to Top