Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Sucky Cartoons
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#28  Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I was never too crazy about Funimation's, dubs, a few were solid here and there. They tend to be too Americanized for me. Blue Gender and Fruits Basket were pretty decently done, while Full Metal Alchemist was quite good, but then you had Rumbling Hearts and many of the other ones I've seen which were not too great. I'm not sure how many of those mentioned were done in house though.

The other issue is hearing the same people too often in too many shows. usually using the same exact voices too.

My favorite dubs are mostly from ADV and Bang Zoom's stuff.

I generally agree with this. As much as I like certain VAs, it starts to get somewhat annoying when you keep hearing the same exact voices in different shows (Greg Ayres starts to get old and annoying after a while, for example). Not that I'm saying the popular ones shouldn't be used, but dubbers should give other VAs a chance and give the popular ones a break already.

BlueBomberman wrote:
No, it's the exact same actors that did the original dub from that point on.

Well, there goes all interest in that.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1218s
Index - Back to Top