Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Jetterz - A Look Back
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
I meant visually, its in the architecture, the food (as you mentioned), the flora, ect ect. It looks very alien to children who have never really looked into such geographical and cultural differences. Your example would be quite hard to bypass actually, the speech can be eliminated but i seem to remember the scene depicted it in a thought bubble or something :P

Soniti 254 wrote:
I know that you didn't say "all translated anime is done badly,"

I was attempting to tread carefully around this so someone didn't blunder in and yelp that...

Soniti 254 wrote:
but I don't like when one associates and compares a localized anime made into a weekday morning cartoon with the entire anime genre. It's not fair, as there are some shows that are actually done very well that you wouldn't ever see on TV.

...yet i haven't. My post was a lot more on topic then you seem to have perceived. I was blithering about how it is the children's ones that are brought over that are generally poor. I would assume due to budgetary reasons or something, something cheap and cheerful to fill broadcasting space perhaps, whatever. The post wasn't supposed to refer to all Animé, personal opinions on it aside, theres some high quality dubs and accurate representations i'm sure.

Soniti 254 wrote:

So yeah, I'm against localizers rewriting the entire script from scratch. I'm sure some can actually do it right, but based on what I've seen, most don't. There should be some basis from the original script when localizers bring over shows. Otherwise, why bother bringing over a show if they change everything but the animation? Why don't just make their own show in that case?

It has to be done properly, from your explanation, 4kids seems a bit too corporate to have made a proper job of it. Usually one of the perquisites of a respected foray in this is that they have no idea whats going on having never seen it

All i'm saying is that to give it justice, an outright dub probably wouldn't work. Characters would need to take on completely different personalities, shorelines would need completely different undertones and as many of the names and placed altered to avoid people grumbling about how "they haven't done this, this, this and this right" and then moaning over how the importing should never had happened. This approach is easier to succeed at by a considerable margin over the chances for a decent outright dub.

Us as the fans wouldn't want to see the program tamed for the global youth, better that if the visuals are given a new lease of life it is as something completely different.
I'n my books anyway
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0857s
Index - Back to Top