BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: What games are you playing/looking forward to?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#89  Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Soniti 254 wrote:
I didn't say anything like that in my post. I don't care if companies try to add new things to games, but when they start adding silly unneeded stuff like 3D projection and motion sensor into every kind of game imaginable, that's when I draw the line. I fail to see how something like that could provide entertainment. Motion sensor being built into any kind of game isn't fun or innovative, it's flat out annoying and usually thrown in just to take advantage of the console's main gimmick, even if it has no place in that kind of game (like say puzzle games or RPGs or beat 'em up games to name a few). The 3D thing would probably give me a headache after a while too, don't sound like a whole lot of fun to me.

I agree, totally. For anyone who doesn't agree, see the Virtual Boy. For those who still don't understand, see Panic Bomber (VB). Almost all of the games in the Virtual Boy's (unbelievably small) library aren't even 3D games. They don't even need the "virtual reality experience" that the Virtual Boy was supposed to provide. Heck, look at the unreleased Bomberman title - it still had nothing to do with virtual reality. So what was the Virtual Boy even trying to accomplish? It marketed itself with a gimmick that was supposed to attract gamers and sell more.

So the 3DS. Sure, it looks cool. Sure, it could make for some interesting and fun games, if used well. But does every new portable Nintendo game need this technology? No. That's when it becomes a gimmick.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1324s
Index - Back to Top