BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: What games are you playing/looking forward to?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#88  Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Huge blob of text alert. None of the following is meant to be disrespectful to those quoted. I just find that the best way to express myself is to be blunt. You've been warned.

Mighty wrote:
That fact that Ocarina of Time is being remade for the 3DS didn't wow you enough I take it?

Guess you don't know my stance on Zelda games, but I'll just get right to the point. Ocarina of Time is one of the most overrated games I've ever played. Played it once and I still didn't see what was so great about it. I also fail to see how that's supposed to be relevant to my stance on the 3DS.

Mighty wrote:
You seemed to have payed no attention to the list of games currently in developement for that system, as the 3DS has better games than the old DS and has pretty much everygame that should've been made for the old DS as well, such as Paper Mario, Star Fox 64 remake, but mostly the Ocarina of Time remake.

That whole sentence is purely a matter of opinion. You shouldn't speak of such things as fact. Not to mention that this thing was only announced, what, a couple of days ago? I'd take things with a grain of salt at this point if I were you.

The only games I was aware of that would interest me is the new Resident Evil for it and possibly Snake Eater if that's going to be more then just a tech demo. I could quite frankly care less about N64 remakes. There are already other means of playing most of those titles in question. Besides, I'd generally much rather be playing games on a real console then on a portable console.

Mighty wrote:
ANd besides if it wasn't for things being gimmicky consoles would've died as soon as the 7th gen started anyways, as if it wasn't for the DS and Wii we wouldn't be here as we are today.

lol You're highly exaggerating. Consoles certainly wouldn't be "dead" if it weren't for gimmicks. How else do you explain how the 360 and the PS3 are still doing well? Certainly not because of gimmicks, that's for sure.

Mighty wrote:
Quote:
Am I going to have to wear silly 3D glasses just to see what's going in my game?

it clearly shows you have almost no idea about what the 3DS is, as the 3D for the 3DS DOES NOT require any goofy glasses AT ALL. That's also why alot of developers are making games for the 3DS to begin with.

And I clearly left [/satire] at the end of my sentence. You know, to indicate how ridiculous the 3D idea is. But you clearly left it out, and probably missed the satire part altogether. I guess the internet is serious business after all. :P

AoBman05 wrote:
If they make new features to enhance gaming you people will just whine about it being gimmicky.

If they DON'T make new features to enhance gaming (and stick to the same old formula) you people will just whine about it either being 'more of the same', a rehash, a beefed up version of the previous installment, or any combination of the three.

What makes it so bad is that the same people who complain about the first clause are often the very same people who complain about the latter.

Sorry, but I highly disagree with this. In my eyes, 3D projection on a console is not a improvement to gameplay; it's a gimmick. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, I'm actually one of the few gamers who'd be more then happy to see more new games for old consoles, so I don't believe "new features to enhance gaming" are a big issue for me. It's when companies begin to rely on gimmicks to sell themselves is when I start to have a problem.

AoBman05 wrote:
How do you expect them to keep costumers happy if they don't try new things out with their games/consoles? You think rehashing the same old formula will keep people content with their products? Again, There's just as many people complaining about that as the gimmicks complaints.

I didn't say anything like that in my post. I don't care if companies try to add new things to games, but when they start adding silly unneeded stuff like 3D projection and motion sensor into every kind of game imaginable, that's when I draw the line. I fail to see how something like that could provide entertainment. Motion sensor being built into any kind of game isn't fun or innovative, it's flat out annoying and usually thrown in just to take advantage of the console's main gimmick, even if it has no place in that kind of game (like say puzzle games or RPGs or beat 'em up games to name a few). The 3D thing would probably give me a headache after a while too, don't sound like a whole lot of fun to me.

AoBman05 wrote:
Really, the mindset your post is one of the main reasons most gaming companies (especially Nintendo) probably don't even bother to listen to the gamers most of the time anymore. It's hard to make a 'good fun game' in this day and age because we gamers are so goddamn picky, naive, and whiny about them.

It's exactly because they don't put the effort into making "good fun games" that I'm complaining. Most game companies don't put any effort into games anymore, it's why you see so many generic 1st person shooter games or third person shooter games with no depth. It's what sells. They could careless about whether it's good or if it's a bombshell. They just want to see the money come in. It's also why certain franchises have been pretty much reduced to cash cows.

The Wii hardly ever produces any games that I would deem "good" or "fun" either. Sorry if I'm not into the games that it's so simple your grandma could play it, but that's at least what 80% of that console's library consists of. Of the 3-4 years I've had the thing, I only played about 10 games for it and I only plan on getting one or two more. I mostly use it to play Gamecube games these days.

Maybe I am just being picky, naive, and whiny; but you know what, that's still no excuse to rely on gimmicks rather then putting the effort into making good fun games.

TL;DR

I disagree entirely. 3D projection is nothing more then a gimmick in my eyes.

Edit: Fixed a silly error. Moving on.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1985s
Index - Back to Top