Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Anime Discussions
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Well I was just saying that from the point of some others who have watched loads of animes in the amount of hundreds, with loads of high level animes so to speak to compare it to. There's nothing too special about it for it to have drawn as much attention to it as it did, thus the word overrated. I've noticed years ago how it drew in non anime fans, so that could relate to it. People who don't really have much to compare it to could view it as something much better then it is, and it spreads through those type of people and thus gets overrated.

Nah, you've mentioned two anime fans that thought it wasn't that great. It's popular with anime fans here and abroad too. I'm still not quite sure that stating that you and your expert panel have years of experience has anything to do with the matter or not. Haruhi only really had ridiculous representation in anime fan groups anyway, I can guarantee if I ask any random person on the street they'll have no clue what I'm talking about, nor can I think of many people who have seen Haruhi and no other anime series, if you ask a random person you're more likely to get something that was localized and somewhat popular here, like dragonball z, gundam wing or full metal alchemist. That said, haruhi doesn't need to have something special to it to be a good series, not that it's easy for me to think of shows that did what Haruhi did better. I honestly wouldn't complain about it even if it were a substandard series (and in my opinion it's not), as the more anime fans it supposedly brings in, the more people you can get to watch serieses that are better.

--edit--
I liked escaflowne quite well, it's probably my favorite mecha, though I'm not a huge fan of mechas. I watched a few the terrible dubs fox put out back when it original aired in the states. It was certainly nice to go back to a series from my childhood that seemed good but with some serious issues and have most of them resolved by better translation.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1530s
Index - Back to Top