Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Anime Discussions
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
I willingly admit that the Haruhi series is perhaps a tad bit overrated. But it's definitely among one of my top 10 favorite anime, without a doubt. I guess it isn't something for everyone to enjoy.

The intro episode is such a tease since it really has little to do with what the anime's actually about. But I find it to be one of the most hilarious episodes in the series, pretty much because it captures the essence of an amateur movie so perfectly (not to mention that Kyon's thoughts were almost always funny). The computer game episode was also one of my personal favorite episodes.

Not sure if you're interested enough, but the manga and original light novels are also quite good, although both the anime and manga pretty much use the light novels as reference material (I guess you could say that if you've seen one, you've seen them all). It could be argued that the light novels are better as they're obviously more in depth then the anime and manga adaptions, but that really boils down to a matter of opinion in the end. I like them all so far.

EDIT:

Razon wrote:
Well I was just saying that from the point of some others who have watched loads of animes in the amount of hundreds, with loads of high level animes so to speak to compare it to. There's nothing too special about it for it to have drawn as much attention to it as it did, thus the word overrated.

And there are people who have watched hundreds of different anime and loved Haruhi. It all just boils down to a matter of opinion in the end.

Razon wrote:
People who don't really have much to compare it to could view it as something much better then it is, and it spreads through those type of people and thus gets overrated.

You're speaking as if most people that watched Haruhi watched it as one of their first anime, and somehow I highly doubt that.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing

Last edited by Soniti 254 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:56 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1688s
Index - Back to Top