Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Anime Discussions
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
I base my opinion off the fact that I've watched a hell too many anime's back in the day that I never had time to finish, whether or not I thought the plot was decent. Not to mention a 200 episodes at 20 minutes an episode (they're normally 24) 66 hours of anime, I do not have that much time to devote to a single anime, especially since I've not seen a single series with a plot with enough depth to warrant that many episodes. The only type of series that I could warrant that many episodes for is the type of show that doesn't really have an important plot line at all, and even then I prefer the thing split up into different series with their own minor introductions and resolutions resolutions. I really just don't have the time to commit to the long series, and if there's no draw to have me watch them all, I can assure you there's enough quality anime to last me a life time following my ruleset. I still have absolutely no clue why any series should have 200+ episodes, gintima will probably have 400+, I seriously doubt that there is anything particularly amazing that could neither be either done much quicker to just as good of effect, or can't be found somewhere else.

Honestly though my ruleset is based upon watching too much anime back in 2k5ish, but it really doesn't matter, It's pure entertainment, I'll choose to watch what I want to watch and I'll choose to like what I want to like. I don't honestly see any reason for me to change my choices currently. I honestly don't particularly care whether or not you think I'm some arrogant prick who just discounts everything for no reason. I have not made judgements on series that I've not taken the time to watch, and when I watched gintima first none of those rules were even in effect, I decided I didn't like it for the reason of atleast in the first 5 or 6 episodes that I had watched, I really didn't enjoy it. I really couldn't have watched any farther either, seeing as the series had just started at the time. Are we going to discuss our opinions on anime or argue about them, because if it must be the latter I think I'll be leaving now... Either way though, I'm going to go eat dinner.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1267s
Index - Back to Top