BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: What games are you playing/looking forward to?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#59  Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Yeah, I don't understand it either. All of these dumbsh-- I mean gamers, are so into this DLC based bullshit it's not even funny.

I've read some people whining that they want BlazBlue 2 to be released as DLC because they feel that, since its "pretty much the same game", you shouldn't have to pay full amount for it. Which is a load of crap.

Yeah it's mostly people whining cause they are a bunch of lazy, cheapshits that don't want to pay for games but if everything goes digital They'll be in for a reality check. Going digital isn't gonna make anything cheaper, and if it does it'll only be ever so slightly. They'l put the money you could save from cutting all those production costs into something else, like advertising or releasing a game digitally then still charging you for expansions and add ons in addition to that. Or they'll charge you for the service and bandwith. They'll get your money somehow. And what do you get? Nothing but a game that's stuck on your system's hardrive. Especially a game like Blazblue, no soundtrack? no artbook? no collector's case? the horror of it all..... In stead of paying 60 dollars for a beautiful collector's set I spend 40 or so on a download that's gone when my system craps out. wow! I really make out!!!

Not to mention that as soon as the server shuts down, there's no way to get anymore new stuff you may have missed prior, or you may not even be able to use that content. Also, if something happens server side (like that whole ApolayPS3 nonsense that was going on a month or two back), you can't do anything with your DLC based stuff, or even things involving the internet (during the two day ApolayPS3, you could not play PS3 games with trophy support, you could not play any DLC based games or they'd be reduced to their lowest format (like a demo), or even access the PSN Store).

Anyway, with that overdue rambling aside, I have a few new things to share with you all.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy - I gave in and bought the game (mainly cuz it was only 20 dollars. Thank goodness for Game Day sales!). It's actually pretty fun, if you're even the slightest bit into Final Fantasy. It's pretty much a 3D fighting game with RPG elements and lots of Final Fantasy fanservice (the whole thing is you can play as a hero or villain character from the first 10 main FF games). The game features a impressive roster of characters, 22 playable characters total (10 of which, the villain cast, must be purchased for use outside of Arcade mode, and two secret characters, a good character representing 11 and a villain representing 12, whom must be unlocked and then purchased for use) and all of them have fairly unique play styles. It's a great game if you're even the slightest bit into Final Fantasy. If you aren't, you probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. I recommend it to anyone who has some interest or is somewhat familiar with FF.

Phantasy Star Zero - Since I replaced my DS Lite, I've been playing this game again. It's a lot like Phantasy Star Online if any of you have played it. The story and themes are kind of typical (friendship and teamwork can overcome all!), but the gameplay makes up for it. I've only played it with another person a few times, but it's pretty fun and even the singleplayer mode isn't too bad and there's plenty of different things to do. Good game for anyone who likes action RPGs.

Phantasy Star Universe - I was playing this during the server's last month of service. It's a shame I wasn't able to play the game on it's last day. It's even more of a shame that the game never saw it's full potential no thanks to SEGA's lousy management. :( I now eagerly await any opportunities for a private server to come around.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - I was excited for the game when the first playable demo came around, but with the new trailers and such, I've become less excited for the game. Mostly because of dumb things like in-game advertisements (and they weren't even done right for crying out loud), certain weapons (a grenade that summons a helicopter that drops a cardboard box? A laser that makes a friend invisible? A laser that crosses the streams when another such laser connects to it? WTF?), stupid enemy AI, amongst other things. But I'll probably still pick it up, I may even consider getting one of the pre-order PSP bundles for it since I like the bonuses (a PSP carrying case, a camo patterned PSP, and a voucher for exclusive content). But yeah, I'm not as excited about the game as I was half a year ago.

Final Fantasy 4 - Thanks to Dissidia, I've been motivated to finish this game as there was no reason for me to stop playing it (I'm almost certain that I'm almost finished). I'm just grinding right now as the enemies at where I'm supposed to go are really strong, almost too strong, for my current party. Maybe finishing FF4 will also inspire me to finish some of my other unfinished RPGs (Xenosaga and Chrono Cross).

Well, that's it for now.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1748s
Index - Back to Top