Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: The Fan/Indie/Doujin Games Topic
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
I felt like discussing (and showcasing) different kinds of fan/indie/doujin games that are out there, so I made this topic. Since it doesn't necessarily have to be Bomberman based ones, I felt it would be more appropriate to have this topic here. But, if not, feel free to move it where you see fit. Also, feel free to discuss of your own projects and such here.

One of the main ones I'm really excited for is a Mario fangame called "Mushroom Kingdom Fusion". Simply speaking, it's one of the biggest fan game projects I've ever seen, with about five or so people working on the game (and that's not including the fans of the game creating levels/graphics for the game). It was originally created by JudgeSpear, whom some of you may or may not be familiar with.

Anyway, it's essentially a Mario fangame, with different gameplay elements taken from different games of the series and completely new ones entirely (picking up and throwing veggies and other stuff is back and guns are introduced in the game (don't worry, it's not bloody and gory)), but what really separates it from others is that you can play as all sorts of different characters (such as Sonic, Tails, Samus, Wario, Kirby, and even Roll of Mega Man fame, and Arthur of Ghouls and Ghosts/Ghosts and Goblins fame) all of which play quite differently, but still designed to fit in with the overall Mario feel of the game. You can also travel to different worlds based on different games/themes (there's a typical Mushroom Kingdom based world, a Mega Man based world, a general Nintendo based world, a world based on our planet Earth, and more).

What's also rather unique about it is that the community for it also plays a role in the game's development. They can create levels for the game that could be used in the final game (if they have an good understanding of Game Maker), create graphics/alternate skins to be used in the game, amongst other things. They can even add some suggestions that could be used/implemented in the game. Here's a link for the official forum for the fangame.

There are tons of videos of the game on YouTube (both official from the team members and unofficial) and all you would need to do is simply search for "Mushroom Kingdom Fusion" and you'll find a ton of different videos.

The game's currently on version 0.3 and isn't quite done yet, but it looks really promising and I'm looking quite forward to playing through it sometime.

So how about Bomberman Board? Any fan/indie/doujin games you feel like discussing and/or showing off?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0836s
Index - Back to Top