Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Project Natal
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, the future will be entertaining to say the least. You often see new technology like this come in via the medical field, gaming, and misc intertwined adult services. It is scary what some people do now with an internet connection, a webcam, software, and biofeedback gear in their spare time. :surprise:  BBC has had some amusing documentaries on the subject before.

I am not 100% sure how I feel about the integration of say, our mind, hardware/software control schemes, and our physical actions in the real world. On one hand it's ripe with awesome potential, and on the other it's just another way someone can rickroll me. What if I get a virus and it makes me do the chicken dance in my robot suit until the battery packs die and I'm stuck inside? Eh? Scary stuff. I will have to bring snacks inside the robot mech shell just in case this unfortunate misfortune finds me.

Now, I am entirely behind stuff being semi solid but in hologram form, misc software apps being run in the mind to the extent that it feels real, and so forth. That illusion of reality, without the whole Surrogate robot doing my bidding out in the real world seems like a nice pasttime. So many things you could do in that world but never do in the real one. I could eat bacon all day long, and then chase ninjas with a kitana. Or live action Bomberman against pirates and ninjas. So many great avenues, without even leaving PG-13 land.

Someday... :idea:
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0781s
Index - Back to Top