BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: What games are you playing/looking forward to?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#42  Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
AoBman05 wrote:
After reading about the difficulty increase and the return of the Koopalings, I'm actually interested in the New Super Mario Bros. Wii. after being really turned off by the DS version of it.

Wow, that does actually sound kinda cool. I really haven't read up much on the new Mario game.

Is it going to have normal controls? The DS game was still 2D can I assume that this one is as well? If its a 2D game with normal controls and the koopalings come back then that shall be a recipe for something awesome.

Based on what I've read/heard about it, it is going to be a 2D Mario with the following features.

1) 4-player cooperative action. Yeah, four players. The four characters are Mario and Luigi obviously and two random Toads (yeah, I don't know either lol).

2) YOSHIS ARE BACK!!!!11!!!!!11!!! HELZ YA!!!11!!! : DDDDDDDDDD

3) Graphics identical to New Super Mario Bros. for DS.

4) New Power-Ups include Propeller Suit and Penguin Suit.

5) New "Super Guide" mode that, when paused, the game will play the stage for you until you unpause the game, but can only be done under two conditions: a) you're playing single-player mode and b) you lost eight lives on the same stage. While it sounds nice IN THEORY, I can only imagine how many people will explicit this "feature" and be all like "LOL I CLEAHZ TEH GAMZ LOL"

Unfortunately, based on what Wiki says, there will be some motion context actions (spinning in the air and picking up stuff will be done by shaking the Wiimote, for example), but it's not too extreme either. It sounds similar to Super Paper Mario in terms of controls and such, as you hold it sideways like a NES controller. Don't know if this exactly answered your question Reggy.

Yeah, I was a bit turned off by how easy NSMB was as well. Was hardly much of a challenge at all (although it had some pretty cool music). Apparently, this game is coming out in exactly one month from now in the US. And yeah, seeing the Koopalings again in a non-cameo appearance would be awesome. Even though they were in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, I couldn't help but feel as if they were thrown in just for the sake of fan service (not necessarily a bad thing, but they didn't have dialogue for crying out loud and served only as bosses in Bowser's Castle).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1703s
Index - Back to Top