Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Inafune - "Japan gaming industry is finished."
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
No way dood. It's far from finished. Japanese games are still way better then the shit coming out here though overall they aren't quite as good as they used to be.

The only reason Japan isn't the "top dog" anymore is cause the market has changed so much. There's so many normal people playing games now that the hardore gamers are no longer the target audience. So all these western companies make games that appeal to these casual players' needs. All these shitty games that offer no real challenge where you get infinite lives and can continue a few seconds away from where you died so all these whiny people that suck at videogames will be happy. What kinds of games are those?

I prefer a lot of niche genres/titles too like shooters that arent first person, RPGs and I only really like JRPGs for the most part, and Puzzle games and the western companies don't do that so much (or not well). It's 75% FPS and Racing shit.

I'd rather play the spinoff titles and wait a few years for the Japanese sequels anyday then play the 19 millionth version of Call of Duty or Need for Speed, even if it isn't actually called Call of Duty or Need for Speed, that's pretty much what they are.

If anything its not the Japanese industry that's finished its probably closer to being the entire industry cause games overall just aren't as good as they used to be. This is what I've been saying over and over. The casual gamers are ruining everything for us.....

By the way, I like how he said - Every one except Capcom of course, whose games "kick ass!" *thumb up* Overall they're still one of the better companies out there.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0880s
Index - Back to Top