Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Cheating...
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have some clear cut rules. If it is a single player game I've no moral obligation not to cheat, infact it's fairly likely that I will... especially when comes to unlocking the extras cause I don't feel like draining more time into the things after I've finished them (or for experimental superfun, or whateverd. If it's an online game I don't cheat. I'm not above poking into the games data archives in order to discover information early to aid in my decision making processes though (and to write guides), nor am I afraid of modifying game scripts to make my life easier (interface/view tweaks and other stuff that doesn't change my interactions with the server, just makes it more friendly for me the person to see what's going on). Infact I'm not even opposed to using various hacks (one game required a specific registry entry for example, a GM actually told me that it did, and the required entry was easy to find with the right tools) to force a game into a window despite it being a violation of TOS. Running a program to idle for some gain isn't something I'd do though, I'm quite capable of being idle without the computers help (plus I don't care to do obvious things to get items I'm not entitled to). I'm not afraid of the punishments for my actions though, they can be taken if it needs be. It's never happened yet mostly because I'm not actually doing anything that would affect other players negatively. There's been a few times where I've requested permission to publish a few of my tweaks and was not only given permission but given some rewards for my involvement in the community.

--edit-- also my state doesn't exist in your poll. I neither use cheats only when I can't achieve something or all the time, instead it's a balance based almost entirely on what I feel like doing at any specific time.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0783s
Index - Back to Top