Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Cheating...
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Wasn't sure where to put this, but I figured since it's video game related it'd go here. If not, feel free to move it.

After hearing a bit about a certain incident regarding Team Fortress 2, I was wondering what other people's opinions are about this, or on the matter of cheating in general.

Honestly, I don't play the game, so I don't even really care too much. However, I do feel that this sort of stuff is really dumb, ridiculous even, and it's this sort of thing that ruins online gaming to me. It's not even that these people cheated for the most part (for HATS of all things), but it's that these people are complaining and whimpering about this that really gets me. Yes, these cheaters are complaining about Valve (the company behind TF2) removing their "hard-earned" hats because they clearly broke the rules. Some insist that this "wasn't in the rules" or "wasn't frowned upon". However, anyone who's played online games would know that any use of a third-party program is against the rules as it gives the players who use them unfair advantages. It's gotten to the point that they even created this wall between those who cheated and those who didn't, or TF2's case, those who wear halos (an item Valve released to those who didn't cheat) and those who don't (refusing to heal a non/halo, booting a non/halo, etc.). It's completely absurd and ridiculous how something like this can make such a big disturbance on a gaming community.

As for cheating in general, I'm usually not cool with it. However, depending on the game itself, I may use them usually only to amuse me (such as GoldenEye OO7 for the N64, that's a game that's funner to use cheats then to play legitimately). However, if its cheats that unlock new content without working for them, I'm usually quite against that and would only use it if I find the task(s) in question either to be absolutely impossible (even then, I feel bad about it) or if I lost save data for a game and didn't wish to unlock these features all over again. Other then that, I'm not for cheating and I'm personally against it.

So how about you guys?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0903s
Index - Back to Top