Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Old NES games?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#47  Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:39 am  Reply with quote + 
I just finished reading that article and all of the comments.

And my honest opinion is that Sega is just making excuses to cover themselves.

Sega/Sonic Team could EASILY make a new game that appeals to all gamers, not just their "12 and under" target audience. But the problem is they choose to use less effort and make a new lousy game on a yearly basis, and this is just sad. They say they can only make games that appeal to kids, but that's just an excuse. Sega/Sonic Team back in the day could make awesome games that everyone liked and STILL love to play today. And you know what? If just they put more effort into their games and focused less on gimmicks and just working on a game that's actually fun and not entirely buggy, they'd more then likely have a great game in their hands.

Mario is appealing to a younger audience, but even his older fanbase still enjoy the games. You want to know why? Because the games are actually fun to play and they stick with a formula that works, and tweak it a bit to create something unique and fresh. You don't need gimmicks or make something completely different to satisfy the fans. You just need to stick with a gameplay formula that worked and adjust it a bit for each new game. If Sega just stuck with the classic gameplay or even the SA1 approach, and not keeping focusing on gimmicks or something, you'd be guaranteed to have a lot less angry fans.

Regarding the article, it is my honest opinion, as a older Sonic fan, that this Mike Hayes hardly has a clue what he's talking about. His comparison of Sonic being the "Modern Warfare" back in the day is a complete joke. I don't know what the guy was thinking when he came up with this nonsense, but the two can't even be compared. MW is a game based on war and the like. Sonic is a cartoony blue hedgehog who runs really fast and free his animal friends from being robotic slaves by a mad scientist shaped like an egg. I fail to see any similarities between the two. The guy doesn't know a thing about Sonic, end of story.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Also, is Sonic the Black Knight a game where he guards a forest and gets his limbs chopped off,

XD and I suppose he also encounters a group of knights who say "Nii" who require Sonic to bring them a shrubby of sorts to let him pass, right?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0779s
Index - Back to Top