Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Old NES games?
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#43  Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
Well really, I'm good at finding awesome Wii games because I enjoy mine, but it might be easier to enjoy this generation of gaming if I bought a different console. Now that I just started my senior year of high school and have college ahead, I wonder if a few years from now I'll still play games. I'm sure I will at least a little bit, but I have a job, life and probably a family ahead of me so I just won't have time for that anymore.

I read that about 48% of the Wii's software sales were from only first party games and also guitar hero/rockband. If that's all that sells on the Nintendo Wii, it's a nightmare for 3rd party and that's why a lot of good games fail to come out, but I'm good at separating the good and unknown from the bad. (After all, I'm a Bomberman fan, and I have my own taste for video games and I also know about all those games that nobody's heard of. EarthBound/mother, you name it)

I kind of wish today was more like NES and Super Nintendo games because that's when things were better. The GameCube, Xbox, and I suppose PS2 (heard it's the best, but didn't really play it a lot, but I own the other two cosoles of last gen) still had a lot of awesome games on it that could entertain and not fail to be fun. These days, it's the marketing strategy of putting Mario or Sonic or Master Chief on a box and expecting sales, and it works. (Hey, Sonic isn't doing too well, let's give him a sword and people will be like :D until they start playing, but the sale is all that matters to them it seems) In a failing economy the video games still sell like mad, so it seems like a lot of people who shouldn't be making them do. Another stupid marketing strategy is making a game such as "Eduardo the samurai toaster" that really has almost nothing to do with any of that but the title is so random it makes people laugh and they buy it.

I'm not too happy with video games these days, but there's still a great number of awesome games if you look for them.

I actually rented Sonic and the Black Knight today. I waqs actually ok with it. Although because I'm not good with using the Wii Remote like it's supposed to be used, I stink at fighting. I also noticed how walking around is more like walking in a tile based map. The game is good, but the movement needs to be more like Sonic: Unleashed.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0785s
Index - Back to Top