Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Old NES games?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#41  Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Zerostarry wrote:
Btw, i'm pretty sure theres a slot to plug in the nunchuk in the back. I may be wrong though

I just Wikipedia'ed that and it seems like you can attach the Nunchuck or Classic Controller to it. My apologies.

I still stand by my statement that this "device" should have been incorporated into the controller in the first place though. Or at least start making the new controllers already have the device built into them or something.

Mighty wrote:
Who came up with that stupid inflatable controller so it looks like you're riding the horse?? That is the most un-needed game controller I've ever seen.

Only Nintendo nowadays, man. Only Nintendo...

Mighty wrote:
What next? Mario not being aloud to jump or something? Sonic not a speed demon?

I lol'ed when I read these. If I read this like 5 years ago I'd probably say "yeah, when pigs fly", but nowadays I really wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly did that.

Mighty wrote:
All the modern features of games are just pointless. The Wii Control System is something I despise. Whenever I look for Wii Games, they MUST be GameCube Controller Compatible for me to want to buy it. If they don't have it, they'd better hope the Controls are not too much about Motion Sensors or stuff. I despise all of those motion sensing games (although LoZ: Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption are one of few exceptions).

To be honest, there are some games that kind of do the whole Motion Sensor thing extremely well. Like WarioWare Smooth Moves for example. The game was designed so the players would look like idiots, but it's all the more reason why it's a terrific party game. The game is ridiculously fun with even just one other player. But that's just me, to each their own. Although if you want other recommendations, try Super Paper Mario (wicked good game, and really the closest thing to truly resemble old-school Mario games I've seen in a long time (sorry, but New Super Mario Bros. didn't really cut it to me)) or Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (your above-average light-gun game, kind of like the gun games you'd find in an arcade. Definitely more appreciable if you're familiar with the other games, but still fun if you haven't played them before).

What I do hate is when games add Motion Sensor seemingly just to throw it in. Probably the only thing I really didn't care for much in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for Wii (instances where you can only dodge by moving the Wiimote in a certain way, only able to do certain attacks via certain motions, etc.). And when games try to focus on the motion aspect but the execution was flawed. Red Steel is a good example, it tries to incorporate gunplay and swordplay into the game, but it just doesn't not work well with how the game is set up. The game forces the player to use guns for most of the game, and only on a few occasions the player is forced to use the swords. However, if incorporated well, it can really enhance the experience considerably (Metroid Prime 3 is a perfect example of this, IMHO). I guess you could say I find the Motion Sensor thing to be something like a double-edged sword for the most part; but it gets old after a while to me, something which nobody can seem to fix.

Mighty wrote:
What I'm wondering is if Nintendo or anyone else is even listening to the fans. The fans Nitendo want to listen to approve the games, the fans that they should listen to do not approve at all. See where I'm going with this?

lol It seems like the general opinion of a Nintendo fan who witnessed E3 '08 is that Nintendo pretty much said "screw you guys" to all of their loyal fans from pre-GCN onward. I remember reading somewhere that their target audience wasn't "us" anymore, it was pretty much everyone else. If that's not a kick in the crotch to Nintendo fans, I don't know what is.

Reggy wrote:
SSJ-Sonic wrote:
But you know what would be even better?

Sequel to Yoshi's Safari. Am I right? : DDDD

That is a day I pray for my friend. Yoshi's Safari is an amazing game and it must simply comeback. Even a modernized remake would be badass.

I figured you'd love the idea. And yeah, a modernized remake would be the top thing on my must-have list. Cuz Yoshi's Safari was friggin' awesome. XD

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0888s
Index - Back to Top