Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Old NES games?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#28  Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:48 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Seeing as Fire Emblem was brought into this, has anyone played Fire Emblem Gaiden... It's quite certainly my favorite in the series. Less emphasis on triangles, magic cast from hitpoints items that didn't degrade (but were harder to get) and never having to buy items again. Plus a fancy over-world map to boot so you get a decent feel for the area you're fighting in. And perhaps most importantly control of a good portion of your units level up trees was a pretty nice system for someone who likes strategy games and fire emblem but prefers not to be annoyed by some of it's more annoying traits. Sadly after you learn how to abuse these differences the difficulty goes way down.

Wow, that sounds more like a more advanced kind of Shining Force game then a Fire Emblem. I can't say for sure since I have not played it myself.

I think weapon breakage was one of the cool things that made Fire Emblem unique. You could always just buy or find more weapons so it wasn't that big a deal in the end.

A fancy overworld map would be nice. Sacred stones had a very cold-cut overworld map that was only really there to serve the purpose of overworld map. Most of the other Fire emblem's I've played don't even have one.

As for getting to that Wiiware, I also agree that a very large percentage of it's selection looks really lame and I wouldn't even consider trying most of them.

SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
It sucks how hard it is to try to find good new games nowadays. Honestly, all I ever really buy now are sequels/spin-offs to games I liked before. If I do get a new game, it's more often then not because it's similar to other games I've played.

lol this is me too. Just add games with an anime theme to the list of interest and that's my standpoint. I'm a sucker for anime based games.

I foolishly purchased "family table hockey" or whatever it's called on Wiiware cause I liked the cute characters. The game really was lousy but my bro and I had alittle fun with it just fooling around and making fun of it.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
As for NES games, of course some of the ones that everyone knows like the Megaman series, Zelda, Kirby, and Mario come to mind, but also some like Fire'N'Ice and Boulder Dash were interesting, they were more puzzle-oriented but also had the different worlds you had to go through. Adventures of Lolo was good too.

I don't personally own an NES. I have a self-modified SNES with a Super Gameboy adapter, I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be an NES adapter for it as well but I've never gotten around to finding one.

Nice! I have a Super gameboy as well. I used to love playing Pokemon (Before Pokemon Stadium came out) and Battle Arena Toshinden on it. I've never heard of an NES adapter for Super NES but I suppose its certainly possible. There is a Master system adapter for Sega Genesis after all.

There are tons of great games on NES (as well as all the old systems) that no one has ever heard of! Metal Storm and Star Tropics are a couple I'd like to mention. I've almost bought Adventures of Lolo on numerous occasions at Funcoland. It's too bad I never did. I can never find it nowadays.

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0817s
Index - Back to Top