Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Old NES games?
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#24  Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
dakirbydude wrote:
"Eduardo the samurai toaster"

After looking that up, I'm kind of upset that the title wasn't as completely random as it seemed at first. It's a stupid marketing ploy, but somehow the idea of an incredibly awesome game with a mostly serious plot, and a name that has absolutely NOTHING to do with it seems great. As long as it was only done once..

Well, there's a lot of games like that on Wii Ware, but that's probably the one with the most random name. Sega made a game where you throw a virtual ball and play catch in the backyard. Nintendo made a video game where you cut hair. And there's more than 50 companies nobody's ever heard of that have only made a game on Wii Ware and nothing else. There are companies that actually make games for the Wii Ware such as Capcom, Hudson, Telltale Games, and Square Enix. (The Hudson part isn't on bias of a Bomberman fan; Nintendo recognized Bomberman Blast as one of the very best Wii Ware games a year after Wii Ware came out, and Hudson's 10 other games actually have gameplay.)

I'm pretty disappointed with the Wii Ware because every time I look through the titles, it looks worse and worse. There are roughly 120 Wii Ware games and I have trouble finding even 20 worth considering purchasing.

I remember when back in the NES days, Nintendo would have a little seal on every game released, and if it didn't live up to a certain amount of quality, it couldn't be release on their consoles. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if they even put that seal on their products anymore. *goes and checks* Well it's on the back of boxes now, but it appears they don't care much for the quality of the games coming to their system any longer (XD) Back in the days of the NES, a company tried to release games compatible without Nintendo's approval that weren't of a certain quality standard, and Nintendo won that lawsuit. That was in the mid to late 80's... And now, random trash gets released to the point the Wii shop is starting to look bad. It's kind of sad what they've turned into...Playstation and Xbox aren't that way. It's possible to find video games on their store that are fun for more than 10 minutes. :/ I kind of haven't been that happy with Nintendo for quite a while, and I'm sad they keep releasing things not even a 5 year old would think is good on their shops for a quick buck (when it even works, I don't really know many people that buy much Wii Ware, and I certainly don't.)
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0727s
Index - Back to Top