Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Old NES games?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#21  Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
It sucks how hard it is to try to find good new games nowadays. Honestly, all I ever really buy now are sequels/spin-offs to games I liked before. If I do get a new game, it's more often then not because it's similar to other games I've played.

I can safely say that I'm not really impressed with today's generation. I'm not really interested in that motion-sensor stuff that Wii is currently hyping about, and I'm not a sucker for graphics like most of today's "gamers". And I'm certainly not interested in playing games that apparently had my grandma in mind. I'll be completely honest here, since I got the Wii a couple of years ago, I only have 9 games for it (not including 2 I got with purchases of Wii and Zapper). And there has only been a couple of games I'm interested in playing.

Honestly, what happened? What happened to a game just being fun and entertaining or even, may I dare say it, try something new and different, something that has never been done before. Since when did graphics and gimmicks suddenly make games what they are? Nowadays, it seems like someone can just use a "tried-and-true" formula and they automatically can make a game that sells, even if it's horribly made and/or just doesn't work.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0773s
Index - Back to Top