BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Wars Translation (game)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, I see now (about Prince Bomber). Thanks for the heads-up!
And yeah you're right, it should be bomb "countdown", not "count".

As for the secret bosses, I first noticed that page in the manual where it just has a big question mark. It reads something like:
隠しキャラがどこかにいる - Secret character somewhere
一度クリアしたステ-ジも, もう一回行ってみよう. どこに隠しキャラがいる.
Once a stage is cleared, try going once again. A secret character is somewhere.

So basically, after clearing the stage "Buzzing Canyon" (middle on left side), play it again and you'll get to fight Honey. After clearing the stage "Jibongu" (Japanese stage w/ pink trees), play it again and you'll fight Kotetsu.
If you try it, watch out with Honey. Firstly, the stage has a line of hard and soft blocks separating you from the opponents. Secondly, she has a massive range for setting bombs, and as a boss can set more than one! Even when you get to be able to predict her attacking methods, she can still be a pain.

About the fonts (or lack thereof), I'd think that would actually be really really good for a text hack, mostly because of how those stage names are much longer in Japanese. Could go for that tall and skinny font like in the English version of SB3 (If I remember right). If I ever get everything translated in the game I might think about hitting someone up who has the expertise to hack it. Although, I'd like to translate all the voice acting too, but I'm very terrible at that because I've spent all my time focusing on written Japanese. I thought Fire Bomber's attack was "Raging Fire" but it's really "Breaking Fire".

Oh yeah, Man-Frog, I thought I remembered somebody asking about that before. Here's what I did:
Get the emulator "ePSXe"
You can get the rom from Zophar's Domain
Once everything's all set, run ePSXe and choose File>Run ISO, then choose the .img file (if you got the same one I did, it's "Bomberman Wars [NTSC - JAP].img"

BIG NOTE!!!: For this topic, due to the nature of the subject, I'll be posting -all- updates to translation in the first post.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1240s
Index - Back to Top