BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Wars Translation (game)
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Aha! Nice to see someone do this professionally. I attempted a translation myself, but, uh, it wasn't very good. At all. It was mostly just for personal notes while playing, but it was in terrible, terrible shape. I'm glad to see this looks like it's going places.
Trying to make sense of some of the uncertain stage names is beyond my skill, but the most I can suggest is changing "bomb count" (of the Loose Bell item) to "bomb countdown." Just for convenience sake, y'know.

Regarding the last Bomberman slot, that's for Prince Bomber (uh, I think! you'd obviously know more about name translations than I would, but I don't have the source text handy). I don't think anywhere explicitly says what precisely you need to do, but basically after you complete a bunch of stages (most sources say ten), you go to the unit select screen in the castle and remove all your Bombermen. Have no one on your team. Then when you re-enter, Prince Bomber will be on the last slot. To my knowledge you can't capture him like you would with any other unit.
Though... don't suppose you know how you encounter the secret bosses? I don't think I ever bothered looking for them, and admittedly it wasn't until I ripped the sprites from the PlayStation version about a year or so ago that I got concrete evidence that they actually existed; I don't even know where I heard about them in the first place, but then it sounded like badly translated nonsense. It's Honey and Kotetsu, btw.

Awesome to see all the stage names translated, as although they're incredibly minor, it's always neat to know what they say (any chance of translating those Saturn Bomberman Fight!! stage names? =P ). Regarding a text hack, man, I wish I knew how, but unfortunately do not. It's really only the merchant screen, the battle commands and the ending (I think) that use the proper font, though - a huge amount of text is just individual image files, even the tutorial screens. If someone was good enough with graphics to recreate the fonts in English then that would be pretty neat, and I imagine if you were polite you could wrangle someone from ROMhacking.net to take care of the text stuff.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1191s
Index - Back to Top