BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: What games are you playing/looking forward to?
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#22  Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
CrystalBomber wrote:
Yeah, I still don't have a PSP, maybe someday I'll get one *shrug*. A lot of times I'm unsatisfied with the controls of the DS. A lot of times I feel like the problem is they're trying to get you to play games you'd use a joystick for with a D-pad/the stylus.

The PSP has this circular thing on it thats kind of like a joystick but it doesn't pop out on a stick. You can just shift it in different directions. I looks like it would work well for 3D games but i haven't played any on PSP yet. I usually like to keep my handheld games simple. I don't like anything with too much action cause it exhausts my wrists and it's harder to focus and perform well on a handheld system's screen isntead of a tv like in fighting games for example.

I've played some 3D games on the PSP. The "stick" works pretty well with it, although I will admit it's a tad bit weird to use at first, but it becomes natural after a while. So far, the only real games I've really used the "stick" for is Disgaea (I find using the stick more comfortable for moving around the tiles, personally) and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (Plus also if you'd really consider that to be a different game).

I can agree with you as to why certain games are better on a TV (fighting games are a definite for TV). However, I've played countless platformers and action games on handhelds and I can safely say it's never really bothered me too much (besides my hands getting uncomfortable after a while of use, but when doesn't that happen with handhelds?). The most problems I've ever had with a handheld game of that calibur is if the graphics are too dark or just hard to see, but that's it. With that said, I've yet to play a game like Devil May Cry on a handheld, so once I do, I'll let you know how Il think of those kind of games then.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1704s
Index - Back to Top