Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Photo of my bomberman pile.
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#46  Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:51 am  Reply with quote + 

I got the unpictured figures out of storage. The gold keychain has definitely seen better days; the sticker is scratched, the paint is chipped and the little hook for the chain has slipped out of its socket, meaning that the chain could slip off if it wanted to.
The larger ones still seem remarkably pristine, though considering they've no paint to actually chip, I guess that's no surprise. They look lighter in the photo than they do in-person, thanks to the light and all that. You can see the seams inside when you see it yourself, but the light seems to have obscured that. It's a cool little feature.

On the right is a bootleg marble shooter I picked up a year ago. It came with two marbles and a full set of armour; helmet, chest piece, shoulder pads and boots, but ugh, they were so, so cumbersome to actually put on. The chest was two pieces that needed to clip together over the shoulder, but thanks to sloppy manufacturing the pieces weren't actually shaped the same way, so you'd need to bend the weak plastic to make them clip. And due to connecting in that manner, the shoulder pads would be difficult to slip on, and the feet merely slided into the boots without any way to secure them. This built up to a figure that, if you looked at it the wrong way, would have its armour fall to pieces. Frustrating. Those pieces are in storage somewhere but I can't imagine I'd want it out again; for all the trouble I went through, it didn't even look good.
It did have a face sticker at one point, but the adhesive was hardly strong; you can also see yellowed adhesive on the helmet were there were one stripes, but the part on the front is the only sticker that's survived. I did have plans to make use of the head and limbs to kitbash a poseable Bomberman figure, paint on details and a face and so on, but it'd help if I were actually qualified to do anything rash like that!
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1235s
Index - Back to Top