Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Choo-choo!
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
I've got to say, I like Zelda. The ones I really liked were Link's Awakening, Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. And I guess Minish Cap was fun, but short.

Those were the best, yes and Twilight Princess too (despite some shortcomings)... though Phantom Hourglass might arguably be considered better than Minish Cap, but just because MC was so short.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
But this, this train looks kind of silly.

I think more along the lines of "incurably retarded".

Dark Zaphe wrote:
Are they trying to make the games occur closer to the future or something? I guess? That's what I can gather from it

Unfortunately, from what can be seen in this trailer (i.e. nothing out of the ordinary except the train), I'm pretty sure the game will have a perfectly standard medieval fantasy setting in which a train was randomly thrown in as a gimmick. It's sad really.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
after all they're supposed to occur in the same universe right?

There are two timelines for Zelda games and one took a rather different turn when compared to our history because of what happened in TWW. So I hope this will be set after that. It won't make it much better mind you, but at least that way it might leave the older games alone.

Dark Zaphe wrote:
I like cartoony graphics, but this particular style is not my favorite.

Yeah, I'm still persuaded that this crappy style is just an excuse Nintendo found to put no effort at all into it while at the same time getting praise to be artsy...

CrystalBomber wrote:
This game worries me though, it's taking the line between acceptable and woah that's.. wtf and using it as train tracks. The series is going in a direction that I'm afraid is aimed at getting profit than anything else.

Yeah, with the exception of Twilight Princess, it's been that way since Ocarina came out and Zelda games suddenly multiplied in number and shrunk in size (and often quality too).

CrystalBomber wrote:
Also boo to DS graphics. :shifty:  I would almost prefer well-done 2D instead of this 3D stuff that just looks bad most of the time.

Almost? Strike that, MC may be a little too colorful but was gold compared to this.

DragonBomber wrote:
It's hard for me to express what I feel right now. Something about trains and fairies and elf boys just does not gel. It makes me think more of a western game than a typical Zelda game.

I love this thread, so many people seeing this for what it is, without any bias or denial... thank you guys, you have no idea how refreshing this is.

For the last 48 hours I've been hearing from the large majority of Zelda fans how stupid it is to criticize the game for using a train. Seriosly, most Zelda fans are actually going chuu chuu and singing the praise of the developers.
It's tragic really to see that there really may be no hope for the franchise. I mean if the developers can do this and get away with it with their fans...

DragonBomber wrote:
I sort of got out of Zelda around the time of the second n64 title, Majora's Mask.

That's okay, you have not missed much, TP is the only game that achieved quality near that of OoT and ALttP (and by the way, TP is available also on GameCube).
Still, if you could play Four Swords Adventures, I'd reccomend it. It's a great game, really fun even on your own and doesn't require much effort from you (and if you play alone you don't need any GBA or cables).
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0956s
Index - Back to Top