Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Finally can play PAL and import discs on my PS2
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:

I agree, I think. At least, I never liked huge boards where the sprites are smaller, I'd rather have a scrolling screen. And Bomberman 64.... you can barely see the details on your custom Bombermen, just the colors. Things like that, I guess.

Anyway, I really like those Bomberman Kart graphics, and that Louie is pretty cute. :hilarious: 

And yeah, the Hardball characters do seem a little too big for the arena. I also wish you could see their faces more, maybe if they had been tilted a little bit so it appeared like they do in the 2D games? Not sure how that would look in 3D, but it's always been something I've thought about.

That's interesting that they changed the four colored Bombers' names, but why Star for Kuro? And why did Aoi just get.... Blue? Lol. Also seems strange they left out Aka/Red, as Midori/Green is usually the fifth player reserve. Although, I've never played any Land-style Bomberman games.

I would rather have the gamefield take up more of the board, without a huge visually distracting border around it. With those sprites used not being HUGE and there being plenty of game area for bombing without touching your neighbor immediately. That's what I like. There is an extreme however...

I figured I would show the most potent example of small sprites used in BattleMode, even if it is a result of resolution mode. The following photos are of a playfield 21 columns tall by 37 columns wide, with only half of that being alleys you can walk down of course. There is only one game that can produce that number that I know of, and it is Saturn Bomberman. I took photos of the Japanese version running in Wide Mode with 10 players going at it on our 32" Westinghouse HDTV. Myself and 9 drones.

Shirobon just dancing away as I'm not even trying to drop any bombs at this point.

Just look at the size of the bomb blasts that are possible...

Yeah, as for the Bomberman Land characters, it seems that the new crew of Bombers that backup Shiro are all from that era of the plotline, even when it's not a Bomberman Land game. You may see Red Bombers, and Yellow Bombers, and misc color Bombers around, but they are never usually playable much or even named. The name changes are always funny because it's never consistent. They had Ivory Bomber, but did they have Ebony Bomber? No...that would not be politically correct. Do they have Light Bomber and Dark Bomber? Not much. They barely even use Black Bomber anymore in naming in Europe and North America, and if they do use names like Cheerful White, you will never see Grumpy Black, or Determined Black, or Reliable Black, to complete the idea started with "Cheerful". It's rather amusing to dissect the names, knowing it will never be completely what you expect before you crack open the manual, or load the game up for the first time.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1605s
Index - Back to Top