Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Finally can play PAL and import discs on my PS2
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:06 am  Reply with quote + 
I am so stoked, you guys, you don't even realize. I had bought the two PAL PS2 bomberman games available and had been unable to do more than look at the manuals, and play them at 1/2 the speed in the emulator. I researched the various methods of playing the games on my fat body PS2, and finally decided on a flip top. Last week it arrived, I installed the top, and have been busy over the weekend getting everything ship shape. The noise/vibration of the disc spinning without the normal parts keeping it in check was a bit much before I figured out that the fliptop's door was not weighed down enough, and putting something light on it such as a box of tissue works great. The only downside was I somehow jammed my reset button but I never use reset anyways.

Thanks to the magic of the Swap Magic discs, emulators for the PS2, and some burning, I have an amazing Bomberman machine ready to play and take wherever I need. The most important thing was getting my original discs of the PAL games to play. To do this I ripped ISOs from my own games, and patched them to convert to NTSC and fix the Y position so less of the screen was cut off on the bottom. I am trying out games I could not play before, which is making me want to buy them even more than before. Now that I know what they play like, dropping $50 on them or whatever is not so lame.

Bomberman Hardball is better than I hoped it would be. Baseball is really entertaining to play with someone else, and it was actually the first thing my wife and I played after I forced BattleMode on her. lol She beat me by a few runs, and two strokes in golf the first time we played it together last night. I am seriously slow to run after the ball in Tennis, though it could be the traits of my character. I need another memory card so I can start saving all the points I earn for buying items out of the gumball machine in Life Mode though. :sad: 

I appreciate Bomberman Kart a lot, as I am a sucker for kart racers. It looks and plays much like a hybrid cross between Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, misc Rare platformers, and SNES Street Racers. The colors are just amazing, and the courses are actually fun to drive on. For me anyways.

Bomberman Kart DX is pretty cool overall. My wife managed to blow her kart up at one point due to engine issues, and I cannot help but send the car over the edge of cliffs.

DreamMix TV World Fighters is more fun than I imagined it would be, seeing as I never got into Smash Bros. big time, just never did.

The content between menus and such is as good as the gameplay to me. Who wouldn't enjoy hilarious little things like this? Mujoe tying up the gal MC in Japanese bondage ropes. A+ for adult humor in a children friendly game. :) I zoomed in on a TV behind the MCs as they ramble, as you see.

Sega Genesis games are available with PGEN at the very least, the first emu I have tried to play on it. Both Mega Bomberman and the 8 player demo from Factor 5 work. Of course the glitches in their playable demo are present, as they are in PC emus. I expect multiple controllers to work as well, at least two, despite only trying that in the SNES emu so far. Four player would be nice. :)

Last, but not least, I also gave the SNES/SFC emulator SNES Station a go. I tried all of the Bomberman roms and they all ran properly. Only slight hitching in the audio and video are present, whereas some PC emus will not run all of the roms without worse issues. Two players worked, so now I need to find my multiplayer adapter and try four.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Emulation & Mods All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1882s
Index - Back to Top