BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Tired Of The "New" Bomberman?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#18  Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
I consider myself a "retro" Bomberman player and I love 64/TSA. I do not, however, like Hero that much, though I own it. There are only a few qualms I have about 64/TSA....

64 - Battle mode could have been improved a bit. Matches tend to go a bit too fast.... beings that there are few soft blocks and there is less strategy without the grid. An option to change the amount of hearts each player starts with would have been nice, or a similar "handicap" option. The story mode was absolutely fantastic, and I don't understand those who hate it so much. It was one of the best Bomberman story modes I've ever played through.

TSA - Personally, I think they should have stuck to the round explosions. + shaped explosions make no sense when there are no blocks around the bombs. Story mode was fun and interesting, and they did introduce new concepts, but unfortunately it was rather easy compared to 64. There were a few little annoying things about some of the viruses and evil items - mostly that the AI always wanted to pick them up and sometimes, for no apparant reason, a virus could last forever if passed between players.

I agree, Hudson should go back to the 64 style and improve upon that if they want to keep making 3D Bomberman games, and for the 2D style, well you all know my opinion on that already.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0904s
Index - Back to Top