Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Super Bomberman 5 Gold Cartridge / Bomberman Story DS Thread
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#27  Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Good timing for this, as I just got my DS Friday, joining the human race. If you want a good sample of what to expect from Bomberman Story DS grab the European rom of it. I have it on my DS now and yes, it is a mixture of interesting and odd. The supporting characters added are these animal people. It makes me think that Dr. Ein sent Shiro into a furry convention or some crazy space station where you have to be an anime cosplayer to maintain rank. Nothing against either furries or cosplayers, naturally. Just a bit odd to see Ein, "Cheerful White" as he is called in the European title, and then these animal headed people.

I have only played it a little bit, passing some training and starting my first board. Of course your teammate, some chick, gets kidnapped immediately by some bomber. Hooray for plot. ;) I think I will enjoy the game to be honest, as I liked the GBA version. I played it a ton on the emulator before I even had a way to play it on the real console.

As for this golden Bomberman cart, as a collector of bomberman and other trinkets, I would not buy it loose like this. That's just me, of course. I would like to think I have seen a box for this thing but who knows, maybe not? I collect for the packaging and artwork as much as the cart or disc containing a game. I haven't yet bought 5 because I'm cheap, and use the savings to buy even more games. This past month instead of getting anything expensive I bought PS2 Bomberman Hardball (PAL, complete), GB Wario Blast (book and cart), Famicom Bomberman 2 (complete), N-Gage Bomberman (complete), and GB Bomberman GB (US, complete, to replace the copy I sold) all for cheap. I spent more on shipping for some of this than the games themselves. :sad: 

My wife would kill me if I dropped $150 on a loose cart like this. There was a piggy bank for $150 I would have loved to have, and months ago there was even a Bomberman slot machine on eBay. I was so tempted... lol

For now, I'll stick with the roms for 5, the regular version, illegal as they are, and will buy it off someone when I find a price I like or when I get weak and settle for $50-$60 complete. I should probably put that gold cart rom on my card though, as it could be interesting on the DS and I don't remember what these opened up boards look like. I am loving the NES and SNES emus on it, though the support for SNES games saddens me as of yet. :sad:  Maybe in 5 years I will be able to play everything I want to. :cool: 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.3442s
Index - Back to Top