Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Angry Nintendo/Video Game Nerd
neofcon
Bombertrainee

Post#13  Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
They lack patience/intelligence to play the game.

I don't think that even matters considering what we are talking about, and that is an NES game that:

A. has the number one problem most NES games with an emphasis on exploration feature: a huge lack of direction or real clue as to what to do (It's a wonder how metroid survived). This is even further worsened by
B. Directions being lies or truths. You don't know who you can trust or who's trying to dupe you into death's corridor.
C. The fact that the first game is what people expected the second game to be about, the entire system has been changed and no one had a clue as to what the heck to do, really throws people off, which can lead to frustration (I remember trying to play this for the first time and I was thinking "where's the boss for this stage? Why can't i kill these people walking around?")

Intelligence has no place here as every direction to take is a guessing game sort of. It's easy to deduce who is lying and who is telling the truth as the game screws with your mind most of the time. You try one of the directions, find it's a fib, try a ridiculous one, and it works. Until people actually figure this out, they will be trying all the ones that make sense and getting angry with it, so their patience will wear thin in hours on end.

Not trying to knock the game (haven't played it much since NES games never hold my attention for my than one play through in the first 7 mins.) but there's no real reasoning with the decisions made with the direction they took. It was nice for the evolution of the franchise, but they were being over ambitious with a few things. If anything, any game with exploration as it's main gimmick is flawed if in the NES era, because they never give you any sense of direction or correct route to take. I guess that could be considered fun for the time it was introduced, but this day in age it's laughable almost.

Last edited by neofcon on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:03 am
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0778s
Index - Back to Top