BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Mega Man 9
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#17  Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
The Gold Bomberman wrote:
I hear ya, but my opinion on the subject is that if it ain't broke, then don't fix it!

I agree with this in 90% of cases, but it is true that something can appeal to a different person even if its a change from the successful norm.

A personal example for me would be Bomberman 64. It tried many innovative things that got it some bash from fans of the series who enjoyed bomberman mostly as a 2D overhead multiplayer game. As you all know Bman64 focused more so on story mode and had many differences to the series. More complex puzzles like bomb jumping and the radius explosians instead of the regular cross ones. Yet there have been some people the game has appealed to even though they changed a formula that was for the most part working for them.

Heh, i never played Bomberman 64, but from what i've heard, it sounds so opposite from Bomberman Live. While 64 has so much focus on story, Bomberman Live has 100% focus on multi player game play. Both games being strong, but also weak in what they do.

Another good example of innovation is castlevania SOTN, which was a huge turning point for the franchise, but unlike bomberman 64, SOTN's new metroid style game play may have worked out for the best.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0760s
Index - Back to Top