Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Mega Man 9
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#13  Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
I haven't played much of the newer series myself like ZX or even battle network and zero. I have one battle network game that i tried breifly. It's very weird but I wouldn't say its bad. I'd need to play it more to make a better judgement.

As far as the original series go I generally liked all of them 1-8. Some were better then others. My particular favorites were 2,4, 6 and 8 while I didn't care much for 1 and 7 or megaman & bass if you wanna through that in there.

The X series I loved early on, but as you got into 4-6 they started getting insanely difficult (for me anyway). 7 tried that 3D stuff and ended up horrible. 8 kind of came back and was better but still difficult. I generally like most of the X series I just can't get through the latter half of them.

Megaman Legends I really enjoyed, even though it was 3D I like the approach it took better. As far as megaman goes I think a series that started in 2D should stay in 2D and a series that started in 3D should stay in 3D. If they wanna make a new 3D game they should make another legends, I think that would be awesome! Don't mess with the older series' already great formula. We've played so many of them we expect them to all be similar.

Innovation is okay, just don't completely change the style of the game. I like some of the clever things they did with mm9, like the platforms on chains you had to move with your body weight, granted its nothing new to videogames but we haven't seen it in megaman before.

Anyway I generally enjoy all megaman games. There were a few that weren't so great but they aren't all from a particular series so I wouldn't say any series as a whole is bad.

I'd love to keep going but unfortunately I have to go to work.....

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0743s
Index - Back to Top