BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Mega Man 9
neofcon
Bombertrainee

Post#12  Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:59 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
neofcon wrote:
Terribly disappointed in the game to be honest. After six NES titles, the only thing good about this game is seeing how close it is to the previous 6 titles...and the music.

Sorry i'm not the type who likes to see regression just for the sake of hardcore megaman fans being pleased because the newer series are taking different (and sometimes better) approaches on the formula. And don't get me started on the DLC.

So you like the newer megaman for reasons that others think is impure to the series

I guess you could say that. Just a note. I can't stand Battle Network.

[qoute]I just tend to prefer the nes style for classic megaman and the snes style for x (and have found 8 pretty disappointing, though i enjoyed both the zx series and the bass series (though i've played VERY little of both), I don't really consider legends or battle network megaman games...). [/quote]

I've yet to play 8, but yeah ZX is very good. Legends is ok but the controls are hell on wheels. Whose idea was it to make it 3rd person!? and I did miss fighting 8 bosses but it's an ok title.

Quote:
Arguing over such things as preference is pointless (so I won't)... but I do ponder how you were disappointed though... we knew almost exactly what this game was aiming at when it was first announced, and it pretty clearly hit that mark.

I am a victim of hype. People say it's great, so I expect it to be such. Thats where I put my standards at till I play it. If it's getting crappy reception, my standards are low till I see it. What I had expected was at least some features that tell me it's a recent game. It only has a shop full of the usual items and a pointless roll costume.

Quote:
Don't buy a cow and then be disappointed that its not a horse.

hehe...I didn't buy it. Thats what friends are for :happy:  Just one thing. Cows give milk! and if they act up, they know where the grill is :P
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0808s
Index - Back to Top