Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Photo of my bomberman pile.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#22  Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Being a fan is determined by how much you love something. It's not determined by just materials owned, though I have to say this, if you really are a fan it's kind of expected to own at least some stuff related to said fandom. Even if I loved a particular game that I borrowed from a friend, I don't feel right calling myself a fan if I don't own it myself or at least owned it at one point in time.

Merchandise and such is a way of showing you are a fan kind of.

Me for instance, I am a huge fan of Fate/Staynight the anime series. I have not yet played the game but I own the entire anime series in it's box set and now have 7 figures of characters from the series (4 of them trading figures) I also have a few posters and wallscrolls from the show, so I'd say that obviously shows that I am a fan. On the other hand I'd also consider myself a big Di Gi Charat fan, but all I have is dvds.

There's different levels too. You can be a moderate fan of something or a huge fan, buying merchandise is just a way of expressing your fandom, not so much a way of measuring it. I think the most effective means to measure fandom in terms of videogames is how much time you have put into a game or series.
lol, By that logic I'm probably the biggest Phantasy Star Nerd here, I'm sure I've put in around 2000 hours between the Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe games alone. I've also played a good amount of PS II and beaten PS IV

I'm really starting to stray off the road here so I'll leave it at that. ha ha

View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman Merchandise All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1188s
Index - Back to Top