Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Game Help
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman TSA - Dialogue Transcript
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
By the way, is the whole script a translation of the Japanese version? I'm just wondering if there are a lot of differences in the text.

LOL, no, this script is merely transcribing the English version. Me and Sakaki have actually come across transcripts of the Japanese versions, although at the moment it's only for the two endings. (I've seen transcripts for the rest of the game, but the hyperlinks I obsessively saved are 404'ing on me...) Sakaki did a couple of rough translations based on siyaku's YouTube vids as well, and in general, there aren't really major differences. The deviations tend to come in the form of things that can't really be translated from English to Japanese, which include the first-person pronouns.

On that note, Pommy does actually refer to himself with a first-person pronoun ("boku") as opposed to referring to himself in third-person in English. (If you want some context for this, Shirobon from Bomberman Jetters refers to himself as "boku". It's really kind of a boyish way to refer to oneself, but it's also used by grown men if they're in the presence of an elder as a form of politeness.) He does keep "myu" as his trademark...particle...thing...whatever you want to call it. I'm mildly curious as to what pronoun Bomberman would use (from the good ending credits, when he actually has dialogue); my first guesses are either "boku" or "watashi", but it would be a bit loltastic if he actually used "ore."

Uh...yeah. *shrugs* Sorry to keep harping on that point about the first-person pronouns, but there's really no equivalent to it in English, and it does say something about the person using whatever one they use. :oops: 

...Lilith calls Pommy "Pomyu-chan." I find this unbearably cute. Poor Bomberman gets no honorific from her as far as I remember, though. :hilarious: 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Game Help All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1376s
Index - Back to Top