Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bakugaiden Petition
saikorebon
Bomberbie

Post#14  Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
What is so wrong with dubbed anime, must I ask? Why do people almost always prefer to read what the characters say rather then understand them by actullay hearing what they are saying? To me, having to read while watching an anime completely defeats the purpose of watching an anime. If your going to read what's going on anyway, why not just read a manga instead?

Yeah, I'm not against dubbed or subbed. I like em both. It actually depends who is dubbing it. I always prefer the original Japanese over anything because when Americans find the storylines in anime boring, they go off and butcher it. Example: Crayon Shinchan. When Funimation took it, they change the dialogues to make it "suitable" for the Adult Swim audience.

As for 4Kids, oh don't get me started with them...

ADV Films has never really failed me at all, I'm actually pleased with most, if not all their works. Ghost Stories (I think is what it's called) was a joke. ADV can be serious or they can fool around, but mainly though, they nail the Japanese scripts down so they usually have great translations. If I'm in bed at night watching anime, I prefer it dubbed so I won't have to read anything and hurt my eyes lol.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1761s
Index - Back to Top