BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Two reasons why Bomberman isn't popular in America.
[Replies: 31]  [Views: 12418]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#21  Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
1985 is right.

And I think the new Super Mario bros. game will be relesaed in commeneration of it.

Also for the veiws of the gamers, I gotta agree with regulus iwth his quote

regulus777 wrote:
I beleive these are all valid reasons why bomberman is unpopular. The average "gamer" blech i hate that every fool who goes out and buys a PS2 with grandtheft auto or an X box with halo and they think they can call themselves a gamer. Sure you can have one of those games and still be a gamer but when you think its the best thing ever because thats what someone else said so you went out and bought it you're just an idiot...

I mean come on. Buying a damn Xbox and/or PS2 just for GTA or thier other "popular" games. The press may be right in a way about them. But going around bothering people about this is the best game aound is stupid to the extreme. To be honest with you all, GTA games sucks on ice. There's no point into it. You go around shooting this and that, driving to so and so, stealing ppls cars and all those dumbs missions that require you to do a combo of the three... And get more missions afterwards. Real fun... It makes no sense to me. It's more like a action movie than a real game to me.

Those sports games are even more pointless to me... Unless you're disabled or it's something dangerous, why bother getting those games when you'll have more fun playing it for real? Waste of 50 bucks if you ask me...

I'd rather play something that I know that I'll enjoy not beacause it's popular or all that Sure net play is nice and using phone-like headphones is a plus. But Getting all that and just FOR that is kinda stupid. They'd be better off getting a compy and downlaoding net games for it. Getting a system and playing games and buying more for it when suitable one are released (not buying games that "everyone" deems "popular" and are a "must have game") and being able to conversate with other gamers without being an ass about it are what make people true gamers in my opinions.
View user profile Send Private Message
WxxExxS
Bomberbie

Post#22  Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:22 am  Reply with quote + 
If bomberman ever became popular in the USA with tournies and such....

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=470431

....Those guys ^ would win em all...
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#23  Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Maybe not.

There's players like Ven here who would be able to take them...
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#24  Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, i think the bboarders could hold their own, I beat quite a few of the top ten bmopc in japan, and certainly korea, and im certainly not the best player here.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#25  Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
I was never much of a good bman player in any classic style but I can kick some arse on Bombemran 64.
WxxExxS
Bomberbie

Post#26  Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:35 am  Reply with quote + 
It really doesnt matter who you beaten, since PC BMO was whored out by lag and items, yet the lowest life of the E8 on DC BMO owned up on the PC version WITHOUT items.

You guys should host a nation BM tourney so you can see how we play.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#27  Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
WxxExxS wrote:
It really doesnt matter who you beaten, since PC BMO was whored out by lag and items, yet the lowest life of the E8 on DC BMO owned up on the PC version WITHOUT items.

Heh, just one question... did you join just to brag about your playing skillz. Cause no matter how good you are at the game of bomberman, doing crap like that proves your a loser in so many other aspects of life. Want to talk about bomberman, talk about bomberman. Want to play bomberman, play bomberman. Want to talk trash yet not provide a way to back it up, do it somewhere else. But seeing as you are the all time masters of bomberman, i suggest you host the tourney... 'specially since you wan't to play with no items, and no lag (cause i can't think of a server thats capable of providing it). I'll probably lose, cause i never was that great, but i don't really care to hear your trash...

Set it up and if i can i'll be there...
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#28  Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman without items? That sounds.... boring to me....
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#29  Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
WxxExxS wrote:

First off, Who the hell care how good are you all?! :mad:  The point of Bomberman is to have fun blowing the crap outta someone. Not going around trying to prove how good you are. :mad: 

Secondly, Lags in online games exist everywhere, be it a PC or a consule. I do just fine while under lag.

3rdly, No items? What's point of playing then? Items are usally what decide matches (along with skill).

And one more thing, You guys have no life and respect whatsoever.
You only talked about how "I'm better than so and so.." or "How good someone else is"

I'd never host a tornament and let people as arrorgant and pompous as the likes of you participate. That would kill all the fun in it altogether. :mad: 

When you can prove me wrong, I'll consider it.
MysticBomber
Bomberdude

Post#30  Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:12 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, all we have to do is wait to see if Konami revives Bomberman... :P
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#31  Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
WxxExxS wrote:

:irritate: 

The only levels I like in Bomberman without items are the ones where everyone starts out with high speed, and all the items (like in Super Bomberman 1 - Stage 10 - Power level). Other than that, items are good.

In BMO PC, my favorite stage was the Road level. If you think you're good, we'll have to play sometime when BMO PC comes back out. Or you can always try your luck against me in Super Bomberman 1 over ZSNES. :P
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#32  Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Here is a match between WxxExxS and myself.

I am white Bomberman in all of these videos :happy: 

Put the files in your Zsnes folder and then to watch, load up a game then hit Esc, then go to Misc > Movie Opt. Select 1 and then press Play. For the 2nd you want to Select 2 .

Happy viewing. :P

Super Bomberman video

This battle consisted of the Normal stage
Our characters weren't moving from time to time, it was because we were talking.

Super Bomberman video - 2nd batch of matches

These battles consisted of the Power level - Stage 10.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1579s
Index - Back to Top